so where is that how-to tune a honda thread?

you know…the one that zerodaze was thinking about throwing together? did that ever happen? i have a friend getting into his honda pretty seriously, and needs to know what options there are for tuning. its an OBD-0 car, and he is debating on converting to OBD1 or not, based on what tuning is available for the OBD-0 system.

Don’t think he made that one yet.

as for tuning options for a Honda, I’m not the expert, but it seems that Hondata can’t be beat. once you get that, just pick up a book on EFI tuning, there are some basics procedures to follow. You do that, you can easily get a base safe street tune.

i bought a house, it takes up the majority of my time… i try to fill the rest with hockey and beer.

Uberdata FTW
its free
and u cant beat crome eather
both great things to tune hondas with if u know a few things about tuning

I spend most of my time in the gym or sleeping or at work.

If your buddy is dealing with obd0 he can use limited amounts of crome, or he can use BRE which is mainly used for obd0 forced induction.

Ask your questions here and we will try to answer the best we can.

however your friend can learn most he needs to know by going to pgmfi.org.

well, let me start by outlining whats going on with the car.
it is a 91 civic hatch. pulled the d15 dpfi POS outta there, and swapped harnesses complete from a 90 integra LS. b18a1 motor fully built 9.5:1 CR.
peakboost turbo kit @ approx. 18psi is the goal.

is it fairly easy/possible to stick with the OBD0 stuff and tune this car? or are we better off getting the obd0 to obd1 conversion harness kit and runing a b18b1 engine harness and a p75?

he has a pr4 for the obd0 harness, as well as a complete obd0 harness.
he has a p75 laying around, if needed and could just get an obd1 engine harness.

thoughts?

just get the conversion harness and tune it the right way with uberdata/crome

^^ i agree.

if it were a stock motor with a turbo kit then maybe u could get away with being cheap and doing a half-ass tune

but with a nice setup like that u dont wanna fuck it up

hmmm, im no professional here but i think anything over 14-15psi shouldnt be handled with racegas unless your looking for trouble.

could someone explain/link BRE so we can check it out?

lmao! you forgot sex

ClickY…

sweet thanks. now…just outta curiousity…is it worth it to convert to OBD1, or stick with OBD0 and use BRE?

I dont know much about tuning. Im learning how to play with crome myself.

From what i hear,OBD1 is easier to tune than OBD0 . Im not sure though.

my understanding leads me to beleive that u should upgrade to obdI

it seems like he is aiming for high hp. i def. wouldnt spare any expenses

lol, beleive me he isnt. he has been saving money towards a car since he was 13…hes almost 18 now, and works for his dad makin $10/hr under the table…this kid has deep pockets lol, im just the builder. not to mention he got the car for free from his brother-in-law, who was the second owner…and the first owner was some old lady that owned the car from new up until 2003. lol the only thing the car needed was a driver rear quarter panel and a driver fender(because the bor-in-law locked his keys in it once and got mad, so he kicked the fender)

this car is fricken clean and unmolested…and im really loving the project…i keep helping so many buddies build hondas, im starting to want one of my own really bad. too bad im broke

i didnt forget… you havent been coming over anymore. i think its you thats forgotten :slight_smile:

convert to OBD1 and use crome. i know jon used and likes BRE, but crome has more support. i would say use uberdata, but there is no one doing any real support or dev for it.

or he could even use hondata

I only used bre because i had to in certain circumstances. Will bre work for obd0?? yes it will. Is there better easier means with more support??? yes, obd0 is a dieing breed and there are very few willing to bother with it. Right now bre is updated almost as much as crome but That wont last forever.

If your on a budget then bre will work. If you have deep pockets buy crome pro and convert to obd1 and enjoy alot more options.

^ ok, thats what i wanted to hear lol. i really appreciate all your guys’ help.