what transmission to use

Should I stick with the 4-spd that I currently have or swap over to a c6 with a full manual valve body?

I kinda like the stick, but the throw is way too long to be any sort of fun.

The only other option is to find an old school toploader 4-spd, but they are $$$.

if u want a stick,drop in a T56! or go c6

6spd FTW
or c6
that trans in there now is like driving farm equipment SUCKS

t56 with viper internals, or TKO-600

I thought that truck WAS farm equipment?

hehehehehe

I like having a manual transmission but I may have to go with a c6 this time.

the problem with most new transmissions is trying to find a way to bolt it to an FE, fucking old motors.

transadapter.com

If you would have a Chevy , you wouldnt run in to that problem :stick:

or even if I put a 460 or 351 in it. But everyone and their grandma has a chevy or 302/351 or 460, I like to be a little different. I have only seen a handful of cars still running the old FE motors and that’s why I am keeping mine.

Of course, for the price I am going to pay to do my FE, I could have a 600hp 460. :frowning:

i have a built AOD that you could use if it could bolt up im not sure. i wont need it

I may think about this. I have heard of a place that makes a bellhousing for aod to FE. How much torque can it handle? I am going for ~500ft.lbs when I am done. (which means it will probably be around 400, but I can dream right. :slight_smile: )

how much do you want for it?

its a strip/streets setup with a lentech vb with a 3200 stall but if you dont need that no problem

as for price we’ll talk

TKO600, lol he doesnt have a 572 in that thing