what was your last car and why did you get rid of it ?

I found this topic on another board and its a good one…Ill start it off

00 Trans Am ws6
basically i beat the shit outta the car and having a 11 sec daily just wasnt gonna cut it to get me to work everyday. So i traded it in on a 05 gtp which i dont like
Leaning toward a 05 gto right now or a caddy sts Eitherway the gtp will be gone next spring after i move outta baltimore

00 GTP (the family car) - it was getting up in miles, out of warranty, starting to show signs of possible problems, needed reliable car for the wife to drive. I don’t mind breaking down myself every once in a while and having to work on them, just not great when she’s driving with the kids.

1990 Thunderbird SC. Sweet ride, but a complete money pit, so had to move onto something cheaper and parts readily available.

85 CRX Si - started to rust away around late 03, tried to put it away and redo some of the floors. but I totaly lost intrest and realized it was above me and would just cost WAY to much money to finish. I parted some of it out, most of the parts are still sitting in my shed/basement. The damn shell didnt get removed from my house until like 05. I had replacement 1/4s from denmark since there hard to find, but man, this makes me realize I need to get this shit sold ASAP lol

1992 taurus sho

the engine didn’t ever run right, it was a complete money pit, and i blew up the tranny a few weeks before I sold it. I hated that fucking car.

2004 Dodge SRT-4

It was my first car and i really just didnt even think about what i really wanted just decided on that right away. then after i got it i realized what i really wanted. Basically i just wanted a WS6 alot more so i took a small loss to get the bird

1983 Toyota Starlet-Great car, one of the cleanest ones on the East Coast and lots of fun to auto cross and daily drive even with the stock 40HP engine. I had purchased an '86 AE86 so I could swap over the twin cam drivetrain and suspension into the Starlet but my divorce started right after I parted out the AE86 and I needed money to pay off bills so I sold the car to a guy who drove it back to Canada. No big deal, I still have my '75 280Z and I finally got a turbo 280ZX donor car so I still have a cool project to work on.

1993 olds cutlass
drove it for 2 years, sold it for more than double of what i paid for it
haven’t bought anything since then

Geo metro had to get rid of it being it had too much power for me.

1991 Cavalier. Got rid of it because it was my first car and I pounded the hell out of it. 7 oil pans from jumping it. Then it finally blew the second head gasket and warped the head. Sold it for $750 and put the money down on my Civic along with what I saved.

95 Monte Carlo Z34

everything stated going wrong at 108k miles

97 grand prix-

had a good bit of miles on it (150,000 i think), leaked oil like crazy, started having problems with the motor, and the tranni was going in it. sold it for $1,000.

Last “fun” car- 1999 Mustang GT. I sold it a few years back and got the current 95 GT.

At the time, there weren’t many options for playing around with mod-motors and I wanted to toy around with something, so I went back to a 5.0. Now, I’m starting to regret my decision as WORLDS of progress have been made with the 4.6 in the past two years.

pbbff

last car, this is my first

95 Special Edition White/White GTP Grand Prix, traded it in with 53k miles for the 02 WS6
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/815000-815999/815506_31_full.jpg

before that, I wrecked my 1997 TransAm 56k miles, Totaled and bought the GTP
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/815000-815999/815506_34_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/815000-815999/815506_33_full.jpg

Hmmmm…let’s see…I guess the last thing i actually sold was my 96 F150 4x4. I sold it because trucks are fucking stupid. I bought the damn thing on a whim, and because i thought it was a good deal(bought it from 2 Lesbians in Pittsburgh, and no they were not hot). It was a 6 banger 5 speed and was a huge fucking gas pig. I kept it a month and sold it and made a grand, so i cant complain i guess.

99 honda accord v6 was a great car, but it wasnt fast enough for me. so i talked to the subaru dealer they would give me 7K for my accord enough to pay it off so that was good enough for me, the day before i traded my car in the car the thermostat stuck and the car over heated severly. i let it sit over night drove it to the dealer and traded her it. on the wrx, now that i have the wrx i wish it was faster so next year ill probably do a turbo swap and then ill be happy hopefully.

35th anniversary thunderbird SC. Totalled after the ABS failed. Definitely would have kept it otherwise. I have a white 89 sc now.

2003 Dodge Dakota. It was a 2wd, extended cab, v6 truck. Got horrible gas mileage and i put around 63,000 miles on it in about 30 months. I couldnt tow, i couldn’t take more than 1 person around with me in it, I rarely if ever used the bed, and I got about 14mpg. Traded it in on a 06 Impala LT and then bought an 87 Suburban to help keep miles down on the Impala and also to tow my project Blazer with.

1991 volvo 240. hated it