What was your SAT score?

1030 here, me and my buddy and his brother were working on my car last night and we got into talking about SAT’s and i asked his brother what his score was and he said…1520 thats crazy. im just wondering what all you guys scored?

1600 is max on the old test… isn’t it higher now?

i think its still the same, at least it was that when i was school which was only 2 years ago

"Because the new writing section is scored on the same 200 to 800 scale used for the reading and math sections, the maximum SAT score will increase from 1600 to 2400. "

that’s with that new essay part

so when does the new testing start

im sure glad i didnt have to take the essay part, they suck

i got a 1300… on the new one. just joking, i got a 1300 on the old version back in 03.

^^^ good job

didnt take it

mine was just barely 1300 something… but i suck at math

1090 or 1190, i forget. 3.0 gpa too.

same shit in college- 3.0

i know i could have done better gpa wise, but i did enough to get by, and excelled in areas i should have. still never really studied for anything. just read the assignments and showed up for tests.

“the average millionaire had a lowly 2.92 GPA, SAT scores between 1100 and 1190, and teachers who told them they were mediocre students but personable people.”

from The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley. interviewed over 1000 millionaires to compell information to write his book.

i hate essays and reading shit.
i took it once hungover as fuck and got a 1240.
690 on the math.

it was REALLY REALLY LOW.

Obviously you don’t need to have a high SAT score to obtain a career in the professional field :slight_smile:

1110 back in 95 or 96 cant remember

back in the day i scored a 1140 but if i had to do it now id prolly fail i dont remember shit from h/s i got into psu thats all i cared about

I had a very low SAT score.

SAT’s are nonsense. They test how well one can take a test. They don’t test how intelligent a person is or how capable a person is of making it through life. I’m so glad more Colleges don’t use the SAT as their only way of knowing what makes a good student.

SAT scores are a horrible indicator of intelligence… i know, i know, the point of the test is to test aptitude and ability to learn. However, i took it three times… 7th grade, 9th grade and 10th grade… my best was a 1320 in 10th grade…
i’ve seen really intelligent ppl do poor on the test, and just plain stupid ppl get over 1100, which i would call good… I think the SAT score means nothing… and i dont think it should be looked into all that much… but i think that is being shown, now that universities are putting less and less emphasis on SAT scores and putting making other things more important in their evaluation… actually, i’ve talked to a few ppl, and i dont think they put much importance in the score at all… as long as you havent gotten a 500, they dont’ think much into it… especially since you can get a 400 just by putting your name on the damn thing

Also, to further what Jenn said, it says nothing about intelligence… the math it tests goes up through algebra, the easiest shit ever… and from what i hear, if you take Latin in school, you can do aweome on the verbal… which is where i was bad… didn’t know alot of the big words… i think got 760/560 math/verbal… can’t remember tho