what would cause a pressure plate to crack?

This is the second time that my clutch diaphragm has cracked. It cracked the same way as last time 3 fingers apart on the diaphragm. Balance shafts were aligned porperly, new clutch parts, the plate was balanced. Here is a pic of the last time it happened.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/TRP951/kepcracked.jpg

I ran into that on customers vehicles a couple times. Ended up engine was missing alignment dowl pin (s). Installed new pins, problem solved.

Other things that could cause this, excessive vibration due to bad motor / tranny mounts, improper or sticking t/o bearing.

Incorrect, worn, non lubricated pilot bushing / bearing.
Worn input shaft @ pilot bearing.

Good luck.

aside from your mom sitting on it?

j/k. rubber-sprung hub?

Dave I believe Tim is running a KEP plate with a 930 disk? (or a Turbo Cup disk?)

I was running the KEP with the 930 disk then it broke and I switched to the clutchnet 6 puck copper/ceramic. I was using the stock flywheel but now I got a 6lb fidanza:)

And you’ve cracked both setups or just the KEP one?

I would normally suggest excessive heat, riding the clutch or maybe some slippage if hp> clutch, but I can’t see any discoloration.

Over extension from being out of adjustment.

lil jb weld and ur good to go :tup:

[quote=“MPD47,post:6,topic:37836"”]

And you’ve cracked both setups or just the KEP one?

[/quote]

yup both setups :slight_smile:

although I got a brand new clutch fork here($400:( )and it seems that the fingers are a little shorter than the one that was in my car like 1mm so that could be the problem