What would this 240 be worth?

So I have the chance to buy an S14, it’s a '97 i beleive, possibly a '98 (it’s that style, anyway) it’s black, completely stock, well maintainted, 5 speed, leather interior, all power options. 250,000km. underbody doesn’t have a spec of rust or any imperfection at all. the body is pretty good except for some rust bubbling just starting around the rear wheel well and where the front fender touches the bumper, both on the passenger side. a little scuff on the right rear bumper (just a paint scrape, no damage). and it’s been owned by a 35-40 year old lady i believe since it was brand new so it hasn’t been abused.

basically i’m wondering what a car like this would go for on average because the price she is asking for it seems pretty cheap to me (no, i’m not going to say the price because it might effect the responses). and don’t ask me for contact info, it’s mine, haha.

I’d pay 8 grand tops. But for some reason, all older people that own S14s seem to have their heads up their asses, and want a retarded amount for them. There was a really nice zenki around my area, that I went to take a look at, got down, looked at the underbody, there was some minor bubbling here and there, but overall the car was pretty good. I asked the guy to give me a general price range, and he said he won’t take anything less than 10 grand. I laughed for a good 20 seconds and then got in my car and drove away.

10G eh?? Dam that is a lot, ya even a 97 is 10 years old and 250oookm is a lot, Hell I would say less then 8. I would be lucky to get 7 for my 2000 Legacy and it is a much nicer overall car.

8 grand for a 1997?

you can get a 91 3 series coupe for less than that in good shape with low miles…

S14a prices are under $5k for a decent one now… the kouki’s will be soon to follow.

With that kind of mileage the only person buying the kouki is swapping the motor… therefore, no way she is getting more than $6500 for it.

a good deal on that car is $4500

there are wayyy less koukis around than 3-series bimmers

I’d pay eleventy billion for it just because it’s a 240.

there are also very few Ladas around too.

after typing that sentence i now feel that the plural of lada is still lada.

there are also very few lada around too… mikefag

I bought my '98 SE auto for $6,000. only had 43k miles. rebuilt title.
Probably about $7,000 into it by the time it was all safetied.
In your case I would say between $5,500 - $7,000
I concider it a deal if I could easily sell it the next day for the same price.

S14 will easily run you 5gs minimum for a nice 95-96. The range of 97-98 are now up in the 7-10gs.

so i’m buying it as soon as she calls me then, she’s asking a little over half of what it’s worth. not sure if i’ll keep it for a while or just flip it cert/e’d to make a quick buck.

stock Kouki S14’s can be had for under $6k all day long throughout the US.

nobody buys them up here but guys like us and we dont buy $9,000 stock cars that are 10 years old…

you might not be surprised to see one listed for that, but no one is paying $10k for anything but a mint, super low mileage Kouki… this is not one.