What would you guys pay?

Hey SON, I’ve been shopping around for a s14 for a while and I’m still somewhat of a newbie. So i have a question to the “pros” out there, how much would you pay AT MOST for a stock pearl white zenki s14, AUTO, with 225k. The link is below, but i know for sure its not worth 6 grand. So what would you guys pay?

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Nissan-1995-Nissan-240SX-LE-W0QQAdIdZ138556661

-JBachiller

that looks pretty clean. I doubt he would give it up for any less. I think zenki’s are always overpriced just cause there “newer”. Id go and offer 5000? Maybe he will take it

i payed 3700 for miine auto le no winters clean clean 150km

I paid alot for my 97 Kouki, I’d say your price is reasonable if the car is truly solid. Unfortunately supply and demand makes these cars expensive.

if it looks that good underneath… 4-6…somewhere…

but it looks like a buff and wax special from the pics…
you can always tell when someone tries hard to get every last dollar

I think it comes down to how much rust there really is. By the looks of it, it was rustproofed (notice the black plugs on the door jambs and rockers). So it was definitely driven in the winter.
Check the rear wheel wells, the wheel arches, check the front strut towers, especially at the bottom where the frame meets the strut tower and of course the frame rails.

The car does come with a decent alarm system and audio system, that’s worth 300-400 bucks or so… Also, keep in mind that if you would want to do the auto to manual swap, it’ll run you about 1000 bucks and that also depends on the clutch/flywheel you get.

In any case, assuming the car is in acceptable shape i.e. minimal rust, it wasn’t in a accident etc… I would offer him 5000-5300 for it.

I would pay 4500 for the car, no more, if it was mint. It’s auto, factor in 500 to swap it.

its worth wat u pay. its not overly priced but its how much u really wanna spend and how bad u want it… if u pm blu2fourty http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43109 he has a black zenki fs with a s14 sr20det swapped in the car. chassis is clean and solid no rust and car is FAST haha

6k for a pretty stock LE is fair… If it Manual!

I’d cut 1500-2000 off that for an auto.

looks clean, but noe pics of the 240 rust spots.

Hahahaahhahahaahhaa! I know that car, it’s a one minute walk from my house. I offered him more than that before I bought my G35, he said he wanted 10 grand, I laughed in his face and left. The car is pretty clean, but the guy seemed very delusional about what it’s worth. It’s not MINT though, it’s just pretty clean. I would give him 4k.

i agree with Solarian. its worth 4k maybe $4500, thats if theres no rust. if possible get it on a hoist at a shop that know 240’s and have them check for you. if the guy is that confident in the car he will he wont have a problem with that.

I’m going to try and talk him down, but yo solarion did you get a chance to look at any rust spots. I more than likely going to buy it, just waiting on some insurance money. But i dont want to pay 6 k for a stock, auto, 225k s14. Should I start off with an offer of 4k?

almost 3 years ago now i baught a mostly stock just lowered and exhaust done pearl white zenki for 5500. with 240 on the motor, and in very good condition rust wise. also had some aero. but yeah that was 3 years ago i wouldnt pay that price now, my friend picked up a mint s14 kouki 98 for 6 grand with 180 on the body and 130 on the motor.

Ya thats what I would do, bring cash since money talks. Just tell him, I have 4 grand cash right now. Bring $4500 though, just so you have some haggle space. Always offer below what your willing to pay.

I did, the car is pretty clean, about as clean as I’ve seen a Canadian 240 get. I can think of a few off the top of my head that are cleaner, but they’re Koukis. If you can get it for a price that you think is fair, then go for it. The owner seemed like an honest guy, and the car is clean, but again, really delusional about the market value of it.

he said that the lowest he would go is 5gs i offered him 4, but i did justify my offer. Told him it was a stock ka motor, A/T and 225k on it(Ive seen low mileage sell for less). Think i scared him off?

Oh man, did you offer that over kijiji? Told you to bring cash to his door.

The guy was selling my car for $7000 kouki 107km clean as fuck and auto. I offered him $5000 cash I had the car on a dolly in 20 min.

Show up with cash, he may change his mind. If not, might be worth it to meet him halfway for like $4500 or something. Honestly dude, the only thing that matters is what you’re willing to pay for the car. Just because someone on SON tells you it’s worth something, doesn’t mean that’s the final truth. I wouldn’t pay more than 4K, but then again, I already have a better car, so there’s no reason for me to. I know that two years ago, I would’ve paid 6 for that car, because I had no car, and I wanted it.

Think about it this way, if you can’t get it for 4k, but you can for 4500, or 5, would you regret not getting the car? The only number that matters is what that car is worth to YOU.