What would you pay for an Integra GSR (trade inquiry)

I’ve never really followed honda prices…

I’m selling my 09 ZX-6R… I have it listed for $6k with 2k miles…

A guy is asking to trade his '97 Integra GSR…white, 2 door, 5speed 96k miles…all service records… The car is in PRISTINE condition. No rust, orig paint, no dents etc…same with interior. All stock. Was previously owned by a lady…bought brand new, and traded in at a dealer.

I’m looking for a cheaper commuter car… so this would be a pretty good one at that. What would YOU pay for it?

hm clean unmolested gsr’s are hard to come by , as long as all the vins match up and it runs and drives legit id say between 4500-5000 ish maybe a little more if its really a gem.

Really depends who you are asking. An enthusiast would probably be willing to pay the price mentioned above, but anyone else, using edmunds< would say it is worth about 3 grand. It is hard for cars like this though especially since get modified or hacked up and stock ones become very rare as time goes on.

it being stock and untouched makes it more valuable in my eyes. But what I would be willing to pay for the car is not relevant because I am not a honda fan. So even though it might be a great car I would still not apply much value to it.

If it were me, I’m not taking that trade unless he throws at least $1500-$2k on top.

i would say if its truly “mint” it would be worth 4500-5000

i have a 95 4 door that i plan on listing for 3500

exactly the price I said lol, that being said saxon and I are honda guys and have owned and sold numerous hondas before.

I sold my 96 4dr GSR in Feb 2011 with 148k on it, completely stock, needing a couple things replaced but included ( shocks, Control arm bushings) and some rust bubbles starting over one quarter panel for $3400 in 5 days on Craigslist. I had 15 people ask about it, 4 people look at it, one showed up with the asking price cash in hand. I also had done a lot of service to mine. Shocks, fuel and brake lines, clutch, timing belt, brakes, mounts, abs sensors, distributor, cat, o2 sensors, and tires.

being a year newer, 2dr, and clean, you might be able to get a little more, but I would say $3500-4500 would be right. Also depends on the amount of work needed.

I’d probably want at least 12-1500 on top like other have said, but at this point it’s all about his perception of the value of the car vs yours…

If he’s a Honda fan boy then I don’t see a deal being done, lol.

He’s gonna throw $1,000 on top… the car has NO rust… no accidents etc etc…

Having owned 3 integras, 2 of them gsr’s with 100ish k on them, if hes throwing you 1000 on top of it and you dont want the bike and want a reliable good commuter for gas mileage id do it. Out of the 16 cars ive owned nothing is as nice of a dd for the money as a bone stock, well taken care of integra.

Agreed, you’d struggle to find something that nice (from the sound of it) if you were actively looking. Looks like this deal was meant to be!

I would think the car would depreciate faster when your driving it more and putting more miles on it than your bike will. wouldn’t you be losing more money in the long run. He is unloading a car that will depreciate quicker than the bike will. Seems to me that he would be getting the better deal.

Meh, I tend to disagree with this. He has a nice car (STI) that he will be putting miles on as well, so mileage won’t be crazy on the Teg i’d imagine.

Plus, I feel like clean Integras are becoming much harder to find, thus reducing depreciation on a clean, stock example.

In a few years he’d lose 1-1.5k on the bike, and around the same on the car. IMO

I just took it as he is “looking for a cheaper commuter car” so that meant he would be driving it alot more. In my business, people usually don’t come in and trade down from an 07 to a 97. I know this is different, but still. That’s a 10 year backstep.

I am pretty surenobody will finance it, so you have to find a cash buyer. If it is super clean, that’s a different story. I know that I work with things that have to be financed and I know that I wouldn’t put myself in a situatuion where I am heavy in something that can’t be financed and would severly narrow down the buyers for said vehicle.

fyi i sold my 95 gsr four door that needed a couple wires hooked up and brakes bled for $3000 today (so technically not running/inspected etc)

i think 1-1500 from the guy would be a good deal and to be honest stock clean integras are hard to come by and hold there value incredibly well

I own the bike out right, I wouldn’t be financing anything… I live in North East Washington… I BARLEY ride my bike, last year I think I put 100 miles on it… My round trip commute is 45 miles… I hate driving 45 miles on boring roads in my STI. The thing is, I never ride my bike, it just takes up space in my garage… I’d be driving the car to and from work…and to run errands…the sti would be used just for a weekend car I suppose. I’m not looking to turn around and sell this car, i’d prob just drive it into the ground. This is a well maintained car so I won’ thave to work on the thing etc etc which is what I want.

i think i sold my self. lol