what's needed to race?

hey, so, i got my rb20 clip in, and it got me thinking, what’s needed to race competitively? like, is there a special license, sponsors, and all that. this is for any kind of racing, drag, auto-x, rally. because, i’d really love to get into it, just like anyone else, but i have no clue how one would go about getting into it.

Depends where you want to race. Some will need a special license some will need simply a G(2).

It all depends on what you like, and what type of racing you want to do.

Grip, drag, drift, whatever… 240’s are pretty versatile machines.

Swap some tires around, click the coilover adjustments a bit… and you’ve got a different, yet still competitive car.

I’m personally trying to do a little bit of everything… its more fun that way.

ok, so say if i wanted to get into rallying, how could i start to get involved in it? just start showing up and entering events?

find the series you want to race in and read the rulebook - thats the only way to know

helmet, body suit, roll cage, etc…

+1

1. You’re going to need money. Since you mentioned competitively, you’re probably going to need lots of it.
  2. I’d recommend getting an alternate car (a daily driver) if you don’t have one already.
  3. Once you have both those things, we’ll talk.

dont u daily your race car? lol

He just hardparks :cool:

mark has a race car?

even if he did, he dailys a civic and I don’t think he races it… ;]

how much money we talkin’ about, tens of thousands, thousands, hundreds, or just a lot of pennies?

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/

this site should have everything you want to know about grassroots or entry level motorsports. alot of the rule books are linked so you can download them. if i were you i would take the car to the track for a lapping day and sort out your car first. enjoy it a little, then you can decide what kind of racing you wanna do. there are some track and drift days coming up.

peace

I don’t have a race car, and I don’t race.

And my daily driver is a Civic. :slight_smile:

Mark don’t lie, you know yo make tons of money street racing… lol joking. Yea to race, your gonna need lots of time and money.