What's the deal with all new MP3 players...

…only charging off of USB unless you buy a $30 dollar AC adapter? That’s cool that they are all coming with lithium batteries, but how about including an AC adapter instead of just a USB charger. How am I supposed to charge my MP3 player if I’m, say, in Fiji on my honeymoon without a computer?

Samsung, Creative, Apple. They’re all like this now. Unless I’m missing something? :bloated:

i usually have my laptop around anyways so its not a big deal…but youre right…seems like a lame way to make a couple extra bucks

u could just buy an ipod like the rest of the 98765676546455464 ppl in the world. problem solved.

[quote=“bobbyg1243,post:3,topic:30406"”]

u could just buy an ipod like the rest of the 98765676546455464 ppl in the world. problem solved.

[/quote]

ipods don’t come with a wall charger.

sooooo… wtf are you talking about?

did you even read the thread?

^^^ my bad, i dont own or plan on owning one so i wouldnt know…kind of just assumed.

my ipod came with a wall charger…

4 years ago lol

i got an Ihome i use to charge my ipod works well and serves as an alarm clock plus it is run via wall jack

I guess it’s the price you pay. My Zen Nano takes a single AAA battery, so I bought a rechargable battery kit. Now it comes with the rechargable battery so I just have to buy the AC adapter. Plus I’m going to Fiji so I’ll need an AC Adapter adapter. :lol: I’m practically going to need a friggin Rube Goldberg to recharge my mp3 player.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:6,topic:30406"”]

my ipod came with a wall charger…

4 years ago lol

[/quote]

:word:

Bikerfry:

I might have an extra you can have if you get an iPod :gotme:

And… I just read the whole post… Nevermind. lol

Hey thanks anyhow. :tup: We’ll see. I may just stick with my trust old Creative Zen Nano. It takes a plane jane AAA battery, and I’ve already got rechargable batteries for that and my camera and they use the same charger. :tup;

why not just buy a shit ton of triple a batteries.

ya as much as i hate non rechargeable batteries, my mp3 player takes triple AAA, and one lasts for soooo long… so i think thats ur best bet

i’m glad they don’t come with a wall charger. if they did then they would cost more because of the extra part.

What’s even better is my iPod shuffle charges via usb, but it doesn’t use a standard iPod jack, it charges through the headphone jack so it requires a proprietary charger. Sucks, because now iPod charges can be found pretty much at every gas station, etc.

Anywho back to the op, I agree it kinda sucks but flash memory ftw. I charge my iPod shuffle maybe once every 3 weeks and I use it constantly.

Done. I think I found the most back asswards inefficient way possible. I already own and am already bringing 4 rechargeable AA batteries and an AA battery charger for my camera. So for 10 dollars I bought a battery powered USB stick thing. So I take my camera batteries, charge them, put them in the USB stick, charge the mp3 player off the batteries in the USB stick, recharge the batteries in the charger, and put them back in the camera.

It’ll work, it’s $30 bucks cheaper than a USB-AC adapter that I’d rarely use, and it’s ghetto fabulous.

:lolham:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:15,topic:30406"”]

Done. I think I found the most back asswards inefficient way possible. I already own and am already bringing 4 rechargeable AA batteries and an AA battery charger for my camera. So for 10 dollars I bought a battery powered USB stick thing. So I take my camera batteries, charge them, put them in the USB stick, charge the mp3 player off the batteries in the USB stick, recharge the batteries in the charger, and put them back in the camera.

It’ll work, it’s $30 bucks cheaper than a USB-AC adapter that I’d rarely use, and it’s ghetto fabulous.

:lolham:

[/quote]

holy over complicated

Griffin makes a $15 adapter that does the same thing as Apple’s $30 adapter. We sell them at my work.

[quote=“bobbyg1243,post:5,topic:30406"”]

^^^ my bad, i dont own or plan on owning one so i wouldnt know…kind of just assumed.

[/quote]

STUPID!

[quote=“BikerFry,post:15,topic:30406"”]

I already own and am already bringing 4 rechargeable AA batteries and an AA battery charger for my camera. So for 10 dollars I bought a battery powered USB stick thing. So I take my camera batteries, charge them, put them in the USB stick, charge the mp3 player off the batteries in the USB stick, recharge the batteries in the charger, and put them back in the camera.

[/quote]

:lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:19,topic:30406"”]

:lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

You stole my design!!! :rofl: