Whats this thing worth?

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/2161093083.html

Im thinking about offering my car as a trade if its worth around the same as my car. Ive kinda been considering getting a Cherokee for offroading.

Seriously?

yeah. Id want $5500 or so for my car and thats pretty close.
I kinda miss offroading. I used to do it with an old beater truck I had but my F150 is too nice and too big for that kind of thing.

It’s worth whatever someone gives him. See if he will do a straight up trade?

A friend of mine has a Jeep like that, same color, rock sliders, 33’s, lift, etc.

Lol it does look like it would be a blast to offroad

I just dont want to be on the losing side of that trade like if that truck is only worth $2500 and I think my car is worth $5500.

IMO I think your car is def. worth more… how much more IDK

Check some Jeep forums to see what they go for, I haven’t got a clue what your car is worth or that Jeep. It sounds high at $5000, but I’ve seen rotted Nissan Xterras with 200K go for that too.

Seems like most people here think my car is worth about 3 bucks when I talk about selling it though.

The Cherokee’s price does seem a bit high to me and theres no mention of mileage. Seems like its hard to find a low mileage lifted one. Most are stock with 150k+ for over $3k.

That jeep is not worth 5k at all even with the shit done to iy… give it a few weeks and watch him lower it for 3500, what its really worth. Get a wrangler? So much nicer imo

I fucking hate Wranglers.

Unless it has 80k miles or less its not worth that much, I bought my girlfriend an extremly clean 2000 Cherokee with 108k miles 2 years ago for $3.5k and I feel I overpaid for that let alone a modified and offroaded cherokee. See if he will offer some cash along with the trade.

Ehh, I’d wait man.

A lift doesn’t increase the value of a Jeep. Just like if you trade a car in at the dealer with mods, the dealer doesn’t give a fuck what’s on it for aftermarket shit. It won’t increase it’s value.

Id just want an already lifted one so I wouldnt have to pay somebody to lift it for me.

I figured modded car and modded Jeep might equal out as far as mods not being worth more.

Really I need this thing about as much as I need my car.

Which is why if you’re not in a hurry, there may be something better out there.

My point with the lift is that it shouldn’t make the value of the Jeep go up. If it’s a 97 Cherokee, it’s a 97 Cherokee…regardless of the wheels, tires, lift, it’s only worth as much as a stock 97 Cherokee. I get a kick out of STi’s that are 6 years old with 80K miles going for mid twenties because they have mods.

to an extent but thats like saying my car is only worth book value and book value on a '92 Mustang is like $1700.

That’s my point, that’s all a dealer would give you on trade if you are lucky, and if I wanted to make you an offer on your Mustang that’s where I would get an idea from, book value. Maybe $2500 because the paint looks good and the wheels are shiny. Just because you put $7500 in parts in it doesn’t make it worth $10,000. Now apply that logic to that Jeep. I see a Jeep that’s 14 years old, it’s been molested, possible high mileage, and who knows what else is wrong with it. The lift, 33’s, and new replacement parts don’t increase it’s value.

5 grand goes a LOOOOONG way in the used market for off road trucks.

WAY better deals out there than a cookie cutter cherocar.

5k for that??? my friend has one of those and the most random things go wrong with it. very poor build quality.

All I see are high mileage stock trucks in that price range. I dont want a Wrangler or a pickup.

Id love a '78-'79 Bronco but finding one in good condition is nearly impossible.