Whats your favortie genre of music/artist?

Mine personally, is Hardcore/Emo (even though i hate calling it that)/Screamo/Indie…but most of you know that :frowning:

I’m not really sure who my favorite band is…but I like crap like Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service, Cursive and The Faint.

I will say that Elliot Smith is probably one of my favorite Singer/Songwriters.

98% of you have never heard of him, or would like him, but the story behind him is very interesting and intriguing, about how he used his song writing and lyrics to help explain his drug and alcohol abuse. He eventually died from a self inflicted stab wound in 2003 (typical emo dude :roll2: ), shortly before his 6th album release.

If you wanna download a song by him, I would recommend “Miss Misery” from the Good Will Hunting Soundtrack, “Say Yes”, or “Needle In The Hay”.

Just seeing what everyone likes. :slight_smile:

I have far too wide ranging musical tastes to pin point any one given genre or artist. It all depends on the mood, where im at, who im with, what im doin. :tup:

I like alot of different kinds

fav artists:
Tool
Perfect Circle
Zombie
System of a down
NIN
Korn
Linkin Park
and i like LIVE recordings of Mathews

i like so much diff music…from alt. to techno/trance/drum n bass…punk…

just a wide range of music…too many artists to list

i like Wham

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/9894/wham.jpg

they were awsome

i like bad religion

if i could only listen to one group for the rest of my life, that would be it

wham is my secret favorite group…

maxima chris and i jam out to wake me up before you go go all the time…

CHOOSE LIFE

firehouse is better than bad religion. firehouse rocks

Metallica… first and foremost

other than that, and some NIN, LP, Staind, Korn, and the like…

I listen to country. And I’m one hell of a country bumpkin.

i like alot of differnt types
36crazyfists, thrice, our lady peace, slipknot…

I’ll list the genre with the artists from said genre in paranthesis.

Rock(Matthew Good Band, Tea Party)
Hip-Hop (Atmosphere, Sweatshop Union, The Oddities)
Classic Rock(Aerosmith, Doors, Zep)
Punk (Choking Victim, Pennywise, Bouncing Souls)

Those are about the top catagories and a few of my fav bands these days. But I also love stuff by Miles Davis.

no, that statement is false

wham > bad religion > *

Listen to mostly classic rock but like just about everything minus R&B crap

If I had to pick my fav. songwriter(s)/musician(s)… it would have to be, hands down, eric clapton. Although BB King and Robert Randalf are close runners up

afi, fallout boy, silverstein, the used, armor for sleep. ect.

hmm…favorite?

honestly,depends on my mood…anything from hip hop (old and new), house, drum n bass, breaks, some punk, jazz, some top 40 on the radio…and anything else i can dance too

u cant forget starship and WE BUILT THIS CITY…

also
Green Day
Jet
Fall Out Boy
Seether
System of a Down

and of course all 80s hair bands

I like bands that out do bands that they open up for.

:lol: at Aaron and Chris…

you guys seriously need some WHAM shirts… i remember back in bubble tea days where you guys would make me blast it in the cafe just so you could rock out and laugh your asses off …good times

Song writers:
Sublime’s Bradley Nowell first and foremost.
DCFC and Postal Service’s Ben Gibbard for a close second - killer lyrics and intricate and airy guitars and instrumentals.

Bands:
Sublime, Tool & A Perfect Circle, DCFC & Postal Service, Incubus are top on my list.

Wow. Tough question to answer because I like so many types of music.

Wu-Tang Clan, Creedance Clearwater Revival, System of a Down, NWA, Guns & Roses, OLP, Dean Martin, Kanye West, Slipknot, Busdriver, Jay-Z, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Jimi Hendrix…on and on.