whats your opinion on fighting in the NHL?

:tup: good responses

comic relief, its a good break, and great momentum shifter… and after playing a few contact sports its nice to have a goon on your team to take out those guys that are playing cheap. Ya gotta make a statement some time, make them think twice about picking on your stars

oh and everytime peters is on the ice… i love it… if he could only score a fucking goal

im thinking that a good fight like the razors was good for the game like that one game that we had five guys in the box at once and they where all joking in there was good!

Im for fighting. It brings in more excitement into the crowd and game.I mean look @ rob ray hes know for it and people loved him. But then sometimes its aggravating when u got two pussies in there fighting and wasting game time.

ITS OK…I am that guy too…I still cant stand it…I just think its cool to have a winning team in Buffalo…as far as fighting…Like you said most sports frown on it bout it seems to be a part of Hockey…I could deal without

it’s just a part of hockey, and needs to be done. example: if the flyers are all over the sabres hitting and pummeling them, then u gotta get the enforcers out there to tell them that it is not acceptable. fighting would prolly be allowed in football and soccer too… except, people would end up dead - and that’s prolly not good for publicity!

ide rather see a vicious hitting game than a fight, but ide still love to see a fight none the less. violence in hockey is huge for momentum, same thing with football, you get a sack or knock a guys helmet off, youd better believe you and your teamates are gonna be pumped. perfect example how awesome was that umberger hit last year? i was rooting for the flyers (even though theyre not my team…i just like to see buffalo fail in sports cause most of my friends are buffalo fans) and even i got excited at that hit.

^ edit: douchebag. (want to be politically correct. sort of.)

except for when u admitted how sweet the hit was.

i am a pens fan at heart…but kinda funny story my cousin played HS hockey with umberger which made the hit even sweeter.

o and badazz

have a nice day :slight_smile:

yeah, hasek was/is/and always will be the man. u dont even know hull’s first name, let alone one other team that he has played for.

I was just trying to figure out why you are fighting with people on myspace.

brett hull, detroit, dallas, and i believe the blues were first, if not the i wanna say the winnipeg jets. and didnt he also have a stint in pheonix?

ill admit i was rooting for buffalo in that stars sabres series though. and i rooted for em when they were all amerks…just about all of em on the team now except drury played in rochester…and they were a very good team and loads of fun to watch. I even got to skate with fitzpaterick a day or two, he even taught me some new things. he and gionta were skating at my normal rink the year the NHL was off.