Whatup homies.

I’m a new kid around here, currently driving an ‘86 nissan 200sx, which is having problems for the first time ever. So I’ll probably be asking a bunch o’ questions, actually why don’t I just get it started.

My baby has been stalling out on me lately, started shortly after I ran it dry by accident. Once it stalls you can hear the pump, it tries to start, but nothin. I thought it was a fuel problem, so I replaced the fuel filter and rand come cleaner through it. It ran for about 50 miles getting terrible gas mileage (which may have just been the cleaner bringing the octane down). Right now its in a shop cause I cant figure the damn thing out.

Of course, the minute I get it to the shop, it starts working perfectly.

Any suggestions for the n00b?

is your 240 orange?

yea i’ve looked at this too its awesome… drives perfect and it just cuts right out… IMO its something in the fuel lines from the tank to the intake manifold… something is blocking it some how

welcome :wink:

Welcome, Have fun with that.

got any pics of the car? don’t see too many of those around

welcome. if you ran it dry its a possibility that some of the shit sitting in the bottome of your tank went through youre lines and is clogging somewhere. prolly an injector… did you clean those?? theres prolly a whole ton of shit in the bottom of a tankl from 1980.

So, intermittent stalling/starting problem.

First off, it’s an 86, so is it carb or fuel injection?

While it’s possible you picked up some dirt that got past the filter and clogged something, I doubt it. If something was clogged it would be clogged all the time, not intermittently.

Does it seem to happen after it’s been running for a while? I’m thinking that maybe the pump is on it’s way out and once it starts getting warm it’s not pumping well. Just because you can hear it does not mean it’s running right. More than likely it was well on it’s way to dying before you ran it dry, but that pushed it over the edge.

mike is my other roommate. im with dan on this one. fuel system needs to be flushed.

the car is in great shape, imho its begging for a new suspension and a turbo swap…mmmmmm

So they think theyve found out the problem, Ignition distrubutor assembly failing at temp. so I’m

a.) happy that I know what the problem prolly is
b.) pissed that the part costs $350.

EDIT: FightinMike on blacke’s account

welcome hope to see your car when it get fixed

welcome :wave: