When do you plan to purchase/sell a home next?

I am in the late stages of starting a home inspection company. It has taken a lot of time and money, but the true beginning of the journey is approaching.

So what I am wondering here is when do you expect your next real estate transaction to be. The group of core users on here has shifted in the past 4-5 years and many have become home owners, some even on their 2nd or more properties. The majority I see are still at #1 and based on the 5 year number I noted may be looking to move forward. The average tends to hover around 5-7 years in house #1. Lets see if I am close in my estimations.

Also poll is anonymous so this is not an attempt to single out people and market to them.

Mike

Looking to sell current home and purchase new home within a year. I’ve been in this house since 2011.

Same exact situation, and dates too.

Purchased my first home in 07 and moved last summer.

We’ve been in our house 14 years and it was our first house.

We didn’t really go the starter house route though. We rented a house in the city of Tonawanda first, a smallish cape and used that to figure out what we wanted. When we bought we spent more than most people do for their starter home knowing we were buying something we’d likely stay in for some time. Even though we weren’t really thinking about having a kid right at the time we put a lot of value in the quality of the schools, neighborhood, quietness of the street etc. Now that we’ve remodeled the downstairs to add the home theater and library space the house fits our needs perfectly and I don’t see us moving until after our daughter graduates high school at a minimum and she’s in 3rd grade now.

Upcoming projects are blowing out two walls in the upstairs to make the living room, dining room and kitchen one big open concept space when we remodel the kitchen. I may end up looking into adding 4-5’ onto the back of the garage as well.

I probably won’t be selling unless I can convince my wife that we should GTFO of NYS. :slight_smile:

Just bought last summer, figured on staying 10 years but who knows what could happen. I know we’ll be staying put for at least 5-7 years, then probably start thinking it over again for house #2 .

just moved in last April so hopefully for 5 years or so then build a house somewhere hopefully

So much commitment…I’m not sure what I’ll have for lunch in a few hours let alone 10 years from now lol.

Bought my house in 2010. Plans are to either buy or build in the next 2 years.

We are in the process of trying to purchase our next house…just had the home inspection, and awaiting a few particulars…

Looking to pick up a second property within the year. I won’t be selling my current house, though.

just closed on a home here in NTX on the 4th.

meatballs, duh

bought a home big enough for our future family in late 2013, I’ll raise kids and send em off to school before we move outta here. Seeing how low rates were at the time and how expensive the buying process is, it made sense and I’m happy with my decision. Not having to remodel every damn room to make it “liveable” is really nice too.

^ Having Como Park as your backyard is a pretty nice perk too.

One thing about WNY is that you can buy way cheaper than you can build. It will be 8 years next week and I still probably can’t get what I paid for my house.

I have been in this house since 2010 waiting for my wife to finish school in another year and we will decide if we are staying in Buffalo.

Same here

Moved to california and realized I am (probably) never buying property here. Hope to be out in 3-4 years.

lol… you didn’t realize beforehand?