When do you take your snow tires off?

Asking because I’ve been a bit surprised the last two weeks by the number of cars I still see running their snow tires.

I took mine off right after that late snow we got.

Took the wife’s off early April. They’re studded so they’re only legal from October 15th to April 15th. Did the same with the Jetta when I had it. Couldn’t wait to get better handling tires on it. The Xterra rolls on A/T’s year round, duh. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, lots of people don’t even think of it. I’ve even heard of some numbnuts autocrossing on snows. :shrug:

Took mine off last weekend.

Early April…

There is somebody on my street that is still running studded snows on her jetta, i can hear her driving down teh street almost a mile away… stupid bitch scares the crap outta my dogs for some reason

yeah way to make our streets nicer.

keep chopping the streets up with those studs, then bitch about how shitty our roads are here.

It’s a bitch in a Jetta on studded tires in May. That scares me too. :ohnoes:

Oh noes a 2700 pound car with little metal caps on the tires is causing so much damage. :zong:

1. When have I ever bitched about the road here?
  2. Are you really pissed that my wife has studded snows?
  3. :hay:

lol, no im just making a point, plus my pussy is sore today, so im in a bad mood.

never had em on. Neither my truck nor the wifes car.

Pussies.

it’s a shame really, the only stud she gets is tearing up Kevin’s roads.

:hay:

ahaha

:lol: :clap: +karma

All Seasons on the A4. Have studded winters but never needed them. I do have my summer wheels on the way though :snky:

Wait… you’re supposed to take them off?

Heh. Couldn’t wait to get mine off. Being able to use some throttle in first gear without the tires going up in a cloud of smoke is nice.

C’mon what about all the extra grip you get from the softer compound:D

not sure i would technically call them “snow tires” but i switched my winter tire/rims for my summer tires/rims right after the last snow

I found a lot of people are just to poor or don’t care to take their snows off, So instead they drive with them on all summer and they wear like crazy and they figure they already have snow tires in the winter (even though they are worn like crazy) and drive through the winter and die.

On my gti I had snow tires, I took them off as soon as it go nice out but to my dismay we got a late snow fall and I was screwed.lol

Yea its cheaper and more coveinent in the long run just to have winter/tire rims instead of paying around $60 to mount/balance tires each time I swap them.

Still have them on my A4. But, they are technically an all season tire, Nokian WR’s that I just run as snows. This year I decided to take the 18’s to the scrap yard and I’m deciding what to buy.