When selling your bike.......

…Do you let the guy looking to buy it ride it? I am selling the RC-51 and the guy that wants to come look at it doesn’t have a ML nor has he ever ridden a bike. He says hes not interested in buying it unless he can ride it. I am thinking no way, but on the other had I’d like to sell it…What would you do?
picture of the bike :

If he puts cash in my hand, he can ride it… Full amount. cash only. Otherwise… he needs to get a clue. hes out of his mind.

Why are you selling so soon? how much are you asking?

:word: Just look at Paulo’s latest thread and that was his brother who has ridden one before. You’d be fucking nuts to let him ride it.

well im buying a 05 zx-10r and i was asking $3400, i just want to upgrade the RC is nice but i rode my buddies 10r just like the one you have willy and man i loved it!!!

I agree, have him give you the cash in hand and THEN let him take a test ride, if ANYTHING happens then bye bye deposit

does he at least have a permit?

when i picked up my bike a had an experienced rider with me who test rode it and told me it was good to go, if this kid has no experience how does he even know how it should handle??

tell him to bring someone with a license to test ride the bike. Then they can tell him how it is. If he drops your bike your the liable one since you knowingly let him ride it.

paid in full before the ride, otherwise hes gonna be out on your bike.

already said but cash in my hand first.

seems like a good deal for your bike… why so cheap?

he has noting not even a permit and he says he doesn’t know anyone with a license so im probably not going to let him ride it o well i really haven’t put it up for sale yet i just mentioned it to him

DO NOT LET HIM RIDE IT IF HES NEVER RIDDEN BEFORE.

ugh.

rebuilt title, it was a track bike the day off the show room then in 03 it was wrecked on a track and the guy i bought it off of has a son who rebuilds bikes so he took it and made it into what it is now

word… seems like a decent deal.

its a nice bike it has it flaws but hey it does turn heads, i might take it down to SG tonight

Ah if i only had the cash. Love those bikes.

Said allready but I wouldnt let him drive it without at least a permit. Tell him to get one its like 15 bucks and only kill like 2 hours of his day. also full amount of cash in hand and a waiver signed, prefferably with witnesses.

Just my two cents.

Anybody can get a permit… its not going to provide any riding skill. Its a 20 dollar piece of paper… permit or not, still gets a big no in my book.

:word: I don’t have any intension of letting him ride it anymore i was contemplating it but most of you guys are right anyone can get a stupid permit I would have to see a license for some to ride this thing

Having sold my bike last wednesday; if someone has been riding for some time, and only wants to go around the block, fine. No experience no ride. If you don’t have experience, you could ride it with the cash in my hand.

Thats what i was saying. i wouldnt let him ride it if i was keeping it. permit or lisence, hes not getting on it. But if your looking to sell and he gives u the full amount of cash in hand than if he wrecks with a permit and signed waiver your still in the green. If you can have his parents there even better(if hes a punk kid that is)