When UBRF died...

very good points^

Yeah, thanks for the invite dick bag :stuck_out_tongue: (that’s ok I was in NYC )

truth…

there are sooooo many scammers out there… bait them out… can’t do that where you can’t comment.

in my g35 hunt i’ve found dealers trying to scam canadians by having carproofs instead of carfax’s… carproof has 0% US information, carfax as 0% Canadian info… they’re selling remiled accident cars on kijiji and i can’t help anyone… the system is to blame… we dont have that problem.

also, i thought and still think that the nyspeed classifieds pretty much suck. you guys have shit all to sell lately. i used to buy random things all the time and would continue to if you guys had neat shit.

this forum is more active than it has ever been in the history of it, the combined numbers are strong but could certainly be stronger… i base that on facts by the way…

moreover, as a vendor i get random dudes that are finding the place and buying parts unsolicited… i assume other vendors are experiencing the same thing.

all is well.

Not really. There is more socializing and introductions to other people. I’ve met more fellow members in the last year than the previous few years combined. There is no “inside circle” anymore IMHO.
Yes, there are people who don’t like to mingle or socialize much but there are many more now that don’t have their own group.

No we closed fight club. :frowning:

Maybe I have had more time to browse the forums here, or maybe I’ve just taken an interest to more diverse threads, but I would say there’s been some great stuff to read up on here lately. Some funny OT threads, interesting meet threads, and really some nice builds going on that I’ve been following.

Just all the more reason I need to move back to Buffalo so I can get involved a bit more. I actually feel bad for all the people who are moving out.

True story I only read the op. But I have not logged in, in over a year and yea I have not missed an effing thing. Kisses.

I do miss old snky and can only wish for new snky

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Dot. Cries

You have missed a lot actually.

1 Like

Lol. I’m sure I have. But I has not made more kids.

Where is the OP. Created this thread and hasn’t posted in it since. lol

Holy crap, lots of ghosts in this thread lol.

ehhhh… yea :tif:

Everyone is coming back to their roots because of ever improving conditions. Not bad for a “dying forum that Josh and Bing ruined.”

I love this place.

People must have alerts for when the UBRF name is used.
Similar to the Viper alert or if a particular former owner of an S4’s name is envoked 3 times.

Is it too late for me to see my name in the thread???

/dammit

:frowning:

its similar on SON save for the fact that the facebook group has 1650+ people in it and it’s extremely busy. crazy thing is many of the last 500 people to join have never been to the forum. i think people in general are focusing their posting (content) on the more major platforms (instagram, FB etc). actually, to qualify that, we are all old and the new kids coming into the car scene do not use forums. they use FB and insta almost exclusively.

it’s a catch 22 though. if you dont post there is no content and if there is no content people stay away. it’s not unique to nyspeed though. every other regional car forum i frequent has halved or worse in the last couple years. nyspeed is one of the busier ones in fact.

part of the reason why the classifieds are the last strong hold is because there is still more accountability on forums than there is on FB… and FB is difficult to search and sort (if not impossible)… and craigslist and kijiji are nightmares for lowballers.

worse yet, with all the DDOS attacks we keep getting the cost to maintain the forum keeps going up…

So if I understand you correctly forums are a dying business/communication model.

About the only thing I come here for now are the house/garage build threads, the funny pics/gifs thread and the natural disaster stuff like when the Nov storm hit. If we ever get snowmobiling weather I’m sure that thread will get active again.

The occasional Lemons/Chumpcar threads are interesting but few and far between.

There used to be some good political debate/discussion but Josh/Bing pretty much killed that with Poltisuck.