When UBRF died...

It would also be nice to see a crackdown on the “GLWS, wish I had the money, car looks awesome” bumps from ppl.
That would cut back on some unnecessary classified section activity.

Do you have any idea how much I cracked down on that? LOL ask Deebo how I was all over it. He’s the only one that comes to might right away :wink: I’m not even going to go into how pissy people start getting when they’re told NO.

dot

glws

Fuck 'em. If they can’t follow simple rules…
It would keep the classifieds cleaner…
What’s the point of someone bumping a thread that is still fairly new, already on page one, where 6 posts after the original posts are “GLWS, wish I had the money but car looks awesome” posts, especially when they have 0 legitimate interest in the item.

About 90% of that shit is moderated. You are way underestimating how much people like seeing their username on the screen.

WAY UNDERESTIMATING.

sorry, I just wanted to see my avatar in this thread somewhere.

no surprised by that at all

…oh wait…

LOL after reading your “rap sheet”

Paying off cars is for suckers who suck at personal finance and self control.

haha, I do try to get involved for the most part. Sometimes I just want to say that I think something is cool or uncool though.

Let’s not forget the ever important post count.
:tif:

I want karma back, that correlated directly to quality posting

I agree with Freek, most of the ppl from this forum I talk to on a daily basis via text, phone, etc.

http://ramascreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/godzilla.jpg

Being able to comment on classifieds threads is what distinguishes this site’s classifieds from Craigslist, etc. Our system isn’t perfect, and yeah it can be abused but that’s why we have mods, an infraction system and a report post button.

Remember when Rubicant had, and RX3 implemented the idea to eliminate all commenting in classifieds threads? This thread was a mess: http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?43337-who-thinks-they-went-overboard-with-Classifieds

On watchuseek.com they have a system where only the OP can reply to posts. Seems to work out well. If you want something, PM.

This isn’t a discussion on that, though. You are free to do as you wish with classifieds, I think the system we have works fine.

I love the comments in for sale threads… idiots get owned, the unresearched are protected, and if the deal is any good then it just gets more exposure which will help it sell.

so, the community that was ubrf / nyspeed is now an inside circle / offline thing? Oh, i see.

wrong. please see custom title

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

:fu: :lol: