When UBRF died...

Haha just a generalization =p

i was out doing much better things than sitting in my house clicking on new posts, thats just me though

craigsspeed lol

Next 7 days is sunny and warm,the monsoon is over,now we can all go play outside.

Yeah with the weather as nice as it is, no one should be inside on the internet.

Touche … I was meaning the first line. If you don’t like the way things are, do something about it. To many people nay say all day long and then do absolutely nothing.

:slight_smile:

[trollpostcuzidontwantyouspoiled] Its because new users don’t stick around when offotpic is a flamefest of a shithole [/toldyaso]

LOL To be honest, before I stopped really coming on, the automotive side of this forum was, gasps, improving imho. From how shit it was during the time when old ownership ended to new ownership taing over. So maybe joshs plan is working lol.

Offtopic still sucks bad, The classifieds are still huge, but, more people seemed to be selling stuff on the old nyspeed, vs the new one. No clue why.
Thats all I got for this. I stopped posting so I’ve forgotten how to piss everyone off in one sentence, damn.

I don’t feel like this forum is dead by any means, however most of the active members have grown up a bit. It seems like there is less shit talking, that is backed up by credit card debt funding car parts to make your car go faster, so that your intenet status is just that much better. There is more a sense of helping eachother out on car or non car related local things. It is a lot more boring without the drama.

On another note, is there a way to turn off the classifieds when I hit the “new posts” button, so that they don’t show up?

x…

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. I’ve been seeing something else as well across the board on many forums…many of the new members are 17yr kids that want to go fast and be cool on the interwebz…all on a $200 budget.:meh:

Jay I’m too old for this site, and you’re way older than me! Lets go talk politics. I know a place with no posts at all, much less classifieds!

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

And while we’re on the subject, talking about cars on the internet is really best left to 18-24 year old white males. Those of us who think this place has become a more retarded version of its former glory have actually just become less retarded versions of ourselves.

On a related note, I got 3 hours of sleep last night because of my new baby. I what I’m saying makes sense, but I’m not sure.

:lol:

lol, you know that has to be true.

yes, i noticed that the classified’s are getting outta hand as well. maybe there is a way that we can organize things better so when we click on todays posts the classifides stay in the classifides and only automotive/off topic posts are visable? ever since nyspeed went merged with the canadian sites all i see are wheels 4sale.

It’s no longer about go-fast car parts, it’s now a competition to see who can be the most comfortable while still running sub-12 second 1/4 miles. Members here have traded their CC debt for $800/month loan payments. And the world goes around and around as it always does.

This place isn’t dying though. If you think it’s dying, that probably means you just don’t fit in here anymore…

Car payments are for suckers. I really hope that 3 out of my 4 cars run sub 12s 1/4s lol.

IMHO NYSpeed is more alive today that it has been in a long time. We’re just doing more in person and less on the internet. I know I text and talk to several members, now good friends , almost every day. I stop out at shops, they come into my bar, meets are becoming more frequent by “OG” members and some quality “new” ones (quotations because those are all lose relative terms) . We have less to talk about and ask for help because we know who to talk to or, more likely now a days, we pay someone to do it for us because we really don’t have the time. We’re busy building houses, making and taking care of babies, following local politics and trying to help in making changes around you, spending time with family. Priorities have all shifted but we all remember our roots and will always continue to come back here.

I’d really like the :run: smiley to be reinstated

I split my day between welding a cage on my car that will be around 1000hp and gardening. Yep lol

crack down on the: I’m posting this for my friend’s mom’s dog’s sister and don’t know anything about it so call them posts.

If you only want to view specific forums, ‘subscribe’ to them. Then you can view them in your user CP / ‘settings’ page and get emails about new threads. There isn’t any way to eliminate specific sections forums ‘what’s new’ though. I personally don’t have a problem skimming over the classifieds posts in ‘what’s new’ since it’s easy to distinguish between the colored prefixes and regular threads.

On the broader topic as I mentioned before, countless others have declared this forum “dead” for one reason or another over the years. Look at all the reasons people are listing in this thread. It’s nothing new, and people will still create these threads years down the road. The reality is that this site will never be exactly what you want it to be, especially if you sit on the sidelines as Freek pointed out.

My reason for being here is that I like cars and will do what I can to focus this site around automotive topics while actively taking part in the automotive community. I think I’ve said this about 100 times, lol.

On that note, it’s super nice out so I’m getting off the computer and going outside :slight_smile:

I like my 16 way adjustable ventilated Recaro’s. What’s wrong with having cold air blowing on your butt while you are melting tires?

Truth. No fun paying someone else interest.