When you do a build like mine, you get a lot of question...

Haha, thanks. I needed that.

:suicide:

Probably never will :gotme:

LOL!

Thanks for that.

I’m still baffled by the nutswinger phenomena. I’m still not positive why it happens. Interestingly enough, I think more people dislike me me because they think I have so many “fans” than people who are actually my “fans”.

And most of the time my “fans” are really just my friends. There are exceptions.

But thanks.

that idiot is on the honda forums trying to bash everyone and their concepts, acting like he knows everything and he has cars in his signature like they are running when they are only pipe dreams

So does that mean we can have beers and you WILL help me build a FWD drift car? LOLLLLLLLLLL

wow Lucas… Kim piss in your Wheaties again??? Jesus!!!

LOL!!!

Its a generalization that when Newman talks, people on here listen. I’ve read some threads he has made and they always end up getting 5+ pages the first couple hours after he posted it.

I don’t think its people being “nut lickers” as they are admiring his work and that in turn has people asking him for help on a topic he knows a shit-load about. I could never build a car from bottom up like he has done. Then again being a mechanical engineer can get things done, especially where you work can offer the supplies needed as well.

I’m a fan.

I got an autographed knock off “chink shaker”(It’s on ebay for $3k Buy it now!):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ctnewman2/chinkshaker.jpg

lol jk.

Anyways. At least that guys trying pretty hard, it wouldn’t be a bad build and everyone’s gotta start somewhere.

Then again I also believe in baby steps but then again some would say you have to learn to run before you learn to walk.

BUMP:

Random IM from this kid… he was looking through my blog and telling me everything about my build that I did wrong.

[16:12] MidShipCivic: I’m gathering it’s next setup now
[16:12] sprocketbash411: haven’t you been doing that for like
[16:12] MidShipCivic: aluminum rods, different cylinder head etc
[16:12] sprocketbash411: 2 years?
[16:12] sprocketbash411: lol
[16:13] MidShipCivic: nope
[16:13] MidShipCivic: thats my nissan
[16:13] sprocketbash411: what’s the deal w/ that?
[16:15] MidShipCivic: under a cover, I wanted something better it’ll be much to fron heavy so I’m thinking of a transaxle setup, and I recently though of a reverse flow setup to set turbochargers in the valley instead of the side. Afterthat I started making ‘‘currency’’ for the mitsubishi
[16:15] MidShipCivic: this isn’t easy while taking on school at the same time
[16:15] MidShipCivic: and work in the way
[16:16] sprocketbash411: have you done anything to it?
[16:18] MidShipCivic: other than dissasemble the entire car clean the motor via machine shop … it’s a just a bare fastback frame now a lot of people want to see that and I refuse to show them but I’ll talk to them about it
[16:20] sprocketbash411: dude, it’s been like
[16:20] sprocketbash411: 3 years
[16:20] sprocketbash411: haha
[16:20] MidShipCivic: yeah if I don’t like something I’ll drop everything and sell parts
[16:21] MidShipCivic: I don’t like to tell much or show just ruins the mood
[16:21] MidShipCivic: for me
[16:21] MidShipCivic: when I change my mind about something that is
[16:22] MidShipCivic: I’m pretty much set on change though my drivetrain is 250 lbs
[16:22] MidShipCivic: my engine tips 500lbs
[16:22] MidShipCivic: that won’t make a good car
[16:22] MidShipCivic: why continue ?
[16:22] sprocketbash411: why wait?
[16:23] MidShipCivic: I can’t think of a redesign overnight
[16:23] sprocketbash411: If it hasn’t come in 3 years…
[16:23] MidShipCivic: I’m told not to make a torque tube out of aluminum
[16:23] MidShipCivic: but steel
[16:24] sprocketbash411: why?
[16:24] MidShipCivic: well for one a corvette breaks it’s torque tube with big power
[16:24] MidShipCivic: and cracks the transmission
[16:24] sprocketbash411: it just depends on the size
[16:25] MidShipCivic: you have the weight of 600lb engine twisting on the other end of the tube
[16:25] sprocketbash411: aluminum is a little more forgiving than steel, though
[16:25] MidShipCivic: if I could find 7075 aluminum tube in like a 12’’ diameter I’d do it
[16:25] MidShipCivic: um
[16:25] MidShipCivic: pipe
[16:26] sprocketbash411: well… a torque tube shouldn’t be carrying the load of the motor. at least not the tube
[16:26] sprocketbash411: *shaft
[16:27] sprocketbash411: just mount your motor better
[16:27] sprocketbash411: and i’m pretty sure you don’t need a 12" 7075 tube
[16:29] MidShipCivic: ever seen a corvette’s drivetrain?
[16:31] MidShipCivic: you don’t know what you’re talking about
[16:34] MidShipCivic: so yeah thats the deal I have a place for a fuel tank radiators wieght distribution is great I have a happy car and a driver local shop has made 1018 carbon steel flanges for me and I’ve figured out a reverse flow engine setup that’s where it sits…
[16:35] sprocketbash411: you say 1018 like it’s not the most run of the mill steel ever, lol
[16:36] sprocketbash411: what are the flanges for?
[16:36] MidShipCivic: exhaust flanges well its found to better than high dollar stainless manifolds when it’s not corroding
[16:37] MidShipCivic: a person who builds turbo manifolds for baha deisel trucks personally told me that
[16:37] sprocketbash411: sure, mild steel deals with thermal fatigue a lot better than 304 or 316
[16:37] MidShipCivic: its also cheaper if you want to redo it again
[16:37] sprocketbash411: but there are alloys that ARE better
[16:38] sprocketbash411: inconel and such
[16:38] MidShipCivic: yeah don’t say inconel
[16:38] sprocketbash411: lol
[16:38] MidShipCivic: lol
[16:38] MidShipCivic: not for a preliminary manifold that cool ooh ahh shit can wait
[16:39] sprocketbash411: but you said it was better than high dollar
[16:39] sprocketbash411: even 321 is pretty good

So, kid hasn’t done a thing on his project at all?

But he’s lending his experience to you!

Damn, where are you getting all your patience from?

This is so sad.

im going to IM him about my car

lol this is fucking awesome, please keep posting the convo

also i wish i knew what all the numbers for steel meant, i keep going through all these classes and retain no information, hopefully ill learn on the job someday

LOL what a tool

a person who builds turbo manifolds for baha deisel trucks personally told me that

you don’t know what you’re talking about

Haha…I still agree though.

Dood is a fucking moron! How did you get your engine level? Can’t have the drive shaft at an angle… can I? :lol: That was the kicker for me. He should just worry about putting a body kit on it and having it painted the same color as the car at this point.

what are baha trucks?? lol