Where can I buy just the TOP portion of an air compressor?

I want to replace my oil-less pump and motor with something quieter and more efficient, but the tank and regulator and switch are all still OK…

Any good places to look or should I just lurk google…?

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

I wonder if this is any good: http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/compressor-pumps/145-psi-5-hp-twin-cylinder-air-compressor-pump-67698.html

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

so now im not buying your a/c?

I don’t know if you should even buy it as-is. It shouldn’t run as slowly as it does. Going to see if I can rebuild it, first.

going back about 12 yrs the one at my old shop went, they had one in stock at Grainger out on union.

McMaster Carr, Grainger. The HF ones seem ok, I’ve heard decent things about them, but I’ve never used one personally.

I’m interested in this also. My oilless compress is LOUD and I’d like to replace the pump.

Harbor freight has them.

:slight_smile:

I had to replace the piston, sleeve, and ring on my craftsman oil-less twice in 3 yrs.

Then the valveplate decided to chip itself so it wouldn’t build more than 30psi. Replaced that, and now after three years I’ve spent almost as much as the damn thing cost me new just in maintainence. REDICULOUS. the sleeve/ring/piston was about $60, and the valve plate was $40

I bought a second-hand HF oil-based compressor, and smoked the electric motor that spins the pump. so now I’m back to the loud-ass craftsman that I hate.

Have you tried Princess Auto?