Where can you get a decent philly cheese steak?

I’ve been real impressed by Besta’s subs, especially their steak and cheese. (on millersport just north of N. Forest)

:word:

best one i had :slight_smile:

ETS is a giant pile of shit, if you want a taco you go to edrittos

jims is meh

bozannas or pizza junction :tup:

Deffinitly Jims steakout or maybacks deli on the blvd.

actually… I used to swear by maybacks phillie subs, but they must of switched their suppliers up or something because anytime I’ve had one lately… it just hasnt been the same. A few years ago, IMO, maybacks > jims > *

mmmm yeah when I was at UBPD I used to get those wayyy too often, or even better is the supreme…mmm sausage

Umm… Philly?

No place around here serves anything remotely close to a PHilly cheesesteak.

Sounds about right. Whatever that crap is that Jim’s passes off as one has taco sauce on it. It’s gross.

ETS is the best I’ve had here, but it’s not like a real philly steak either and it’s not that great.

The sad part is you walk into a random pizza shop in manhattan and they can bust one out like it’s nothing.

It’s like the crap KFC passes off as buffalo wings. People from elsewhere actually think that’s what buffalo wings are.

I wasnt impressed when I had one there, unfortunately. It wasnt bad, just not something that made me say “wow I could never have this back home” like I was hoping

where did you go…?

…back from Mayback’s. They don’t even have a cheese steak, much less a delicious knock off of a philly cheese steak. Although the steak sub and turkey sub I got are delicious and I will be going back there.

As for Jim’s, well, it’s delicious but not what the doctor ordered. I can only eat there when I’m drunk because all the meat tastes like it was deep fried. But when I am drunk, oh baby!

I’ll have to try Garbanzo’s or whatever it’s called in Clarence soon.

Try charley’s steakery in the galleria or blvd mall.Not all that bad for a chain restaurant,steak fries are really good there too.

The worst one I ever had was at the erie county fair :barf: ,it was “steak-ums” plopped on a bun.I didnt even taste any steak,all I could taste was the 10w-30.

i make a pretty mean steaker. come into john and marys in hamburg sometime and say hi.

I’m not in Hamburg much anymore now that my fiance moved from Crestwood, but if I ever am I will. Where is there a John and Mary’s down there? I can’t picture it…

we asked the cab driver to take us to the best place around. he took us to where there are two of them right across from each other, dont remmeber names, just remember it being okay, nothin more, nothin less.

pats & genos, those are tourist traps. The best is jims (NOT jim’s steakout), they put provolone cheese on it instead of crappy cheesewiz. My favorite is the buffalo chicken cheesesteak, i get at least one a week.

Haha when I first moved to Buffalo I was amazed that you can get a chicken finger sub with chicken wing sauce on the fingers. And that all chicken fingers can be had with wing sauce. And that every place offered them.

I used to look forward to chicken finger subs at the Willy in Beerdonia all week. Looking back, they were really shitty…

im used to eating heros that are made italian style at a deli. Then i start going to school here and everyone is all about their chicken finger subs. I said, “Dont you mean chicken parm hero?”. everyone cept for my roommate is like, wtf is taht? needless to say, i love my chicken finger subs now, but whenever i go home, i get a nice fat hero from the deli, and its delicious

I <3 local delicacies. I haven’t had a good plate in a while…

This is really making me want a chicken finger sub. Too bad Baltimore’s pizza places suck.

Try Geno and Joe’s in the Main place mall in Downtown B-lo. Their steak sub is excellent. I usually go there a couple times a month. If you work in the city, and want a cheesesteak, you should check it out.

“This is really making me want a chicken finger sub. Too bad Baltimore’s pizza places suck.”

Call me when you come home Sanson, and I will whip you up a chicken finger at AJ’s.