Where did my voicemail go (VZW)?

Last night I was woken up by my phone ringing at about 2:30am. Glanced at it, saw that it was restricted, and ignored it. About a minute later I saw the phone light back up and I noticed that the voicemail icon was gone (I know for a fact I had two voicemails from earlier last night that I hadn’t yet listened to). I called voicemail and there were no new messages and no old messages either.

Is it possible whoever called with the restricted number accessed my voicemail? They weren’t important messages, and I changed my PIN, but still, wtf??

its possible

Well theres no way anyone should know my PIN, but regardless its changed now. Can Verizon tell me if that caller accessed my menu options?

i don’t think they would retain caller id for that, but they might. i know sprint will allow you to by pass your password if you call from your cell phone… so they must be checking/verifying something somehow.

you could always call their customer service line, and see what they say, if they log the access times. From my experiences with customer service, you are better off just not even bothering

[quote=“redrum,post:3,topic:26343"”]

Well theres no way anyone should know my PIN, but regardless its changed now. Can Verizon tell me if that caller accessed my menu options?

[/quote]

no idea, ive never asked before, but i doubt it.

were they new VM messages? or saved ones

There were two new ones from that night that I hadnt listened to yet (VM icon was on when I went to bed), and a few random saved ones. Nothing important, private, or remotely interesting.

The phone lit up 1 min after the ignored Restricted call with the VM icon going away, as if they had just been checked. I immediately called VM and all new and saved messages had been cleared.

I called customer service today and whoever was on the other end was about as useful as a clogged toilet.

How would I pursue a court subpoena to obtain the number that called? This in itself isn’t that big of a deal if it is isolated, but I’d obviously like to know whats going on.

[quote=“redrum,post:7,topic:26343"”]

I called customer service today and whoever was on the other end was about as useful as a clogged toilet.

[/quote]

as always… assholes still have my 150 bucks too

Damnit Brett that first VM was me, and it was a good one too.

Anywho, that sucks. Similar thing happened to me, I lost all my saved voicemails randomly. I didn’t bother to call customer service because a) Verizon service is usually pointless because they are so hard to deal with and b) it would have just been wasted time for them to tell me sorry they are deleted can’t do anything for ya.

Either way that sucks, sounds like somehow someone got into it possibly.

Tell me about it. I had 5 voicemails saved from my wife that passed away. One day, POOF! Gone. They were important to me but apparently not to VZW.

my advice: stop hooking up with crazy chicks.

couple points:

getting the actual number of a restricted call is the same at any company; they dont give it out without a court order becasue its not theirs to give out and everyone nowadays wants to cover their ass

second, customer service has nothing to do with and no access to individual voicemails, and anything to do with it other than resetting the password. MAYBE tech support, but i doubt it. AFAIK, this is also the same with any company. (most compaines also have time limits as to how long they will save the individual messages without a repeated “save” command through the VM system)

this does not explain random dissapearances/deletions, im just trying to shed some light

[quote=“evolve,post:12,topic:26343"”]

couple points:

getting the actual number of a restricted call is the same at any company; they dont give it out without a court order becasue its not theirs to give out and everyone nowadays wants to cover their ass

second, customer service has nothing to do with and no access to individual voicemails, and anything to do with it other than resetting the password. MAYBE tech support, but i doubt it. AFAIK, this is also the same with any company. (most compaines also have time limits as to how long they will save the individual messages without a repeated “save” command through the VM system)

this does not explain random dissapearances/deletions, im just trying to shed some light

[/quote]

Yeah its 21 days, “your message will be saved for 21 days”

Then it warns you when its close to that time expiration and you just resave it for another 21 days. As I’m sure you know. Its kinda lame that they just disappeared, sounds like it has happened to alot of people not just Brett, JuicedSS, and myself.