where to bring cat converter

searched, saw a thread from 09 but im wondering if anyone has more up to date info.

im trying to recoup as much money from my parts truck, so im looking for a place that will buy my cat off me

also, who’s paying the most for junk cars right now? A buddy of mine said a-1 autocrushers had the best prices when he called around last year

merci buckets

There is a place that pays well that A1 brings all their stuff to that gets brought to them.

I can try to ask my tow buddy about it as I think he remembers the name.

People keep telling me cats are worth money, but out of all the places I talked to none of them offered more than $20.

And that’s for two BMW cats.

Imports aren’t worth much.

Mid 80’s domestics are up to 100 or even more.

There was a point in time where a guy was paying like $150+ for cats on LS1tech, then it dropped to around $50.

Pretty sure any Chinese food joint in the area will be able to convert your cat into some type of edible.

20 bucks? DAMN, so my 3 german cats would only net 60 bucks? BUNK!

I have heard the “port” more than once, as in the Port of Albany. Its really sketchy down there and I dont like it tho, so I have no idea, never actually tried.

The port is gangsta, son. Nothin like a good old Dutch apple booze cruise and throwing empty beer bottles into the Hudson :rofl

just hauled the shell down to A1. I dont think they bring their shit anywhere, theyre right on the railroad tracks, pretty sure they send it out from there.

$215/ ton right now. I got 190 bucks for a sidekick with no engine

good shit! i once got $50 for a cat off a gbody, not sure what they were going for now, i sold them to some random scrapper out of the myshopper paper

i scraped a 99 ram and got 605$, than kelmans in cohoes gave me $10 for the cat.
other scrap monkeys said post the car for sale on craigs list and a guy from glennvill buys them. all he deals in is cats.

there is a guy that comes to my shop and gets em . he pays well . it all depends on what the cat is made of , if its a precious metal there worth more than a tin or "foil " as ya call it . ill post his number on here its thru raymond james

how do you tell if its a good one or not? i have 3 german ones im looking into scrapping.

take a magnet to the cat material if it sticks its a cheapy and worth shit . if not it will be worth at least over 30 a piece . obv size and weight cary some barring on price as well

thank you. ill give it a shot.

watch them ny yard’s they are not paying full dollar for them. i haul scrap on a regular basis and get 40 to 50 for the cheap crappy one’s. i sell to a guy out of connecticut.