Where to buy a shed?

Anybody know where I can get a decent shed in the Pittsburgh area? I have seen a number of places along rt 51 and a few other places that sell sheds, but I was not sure where the best place is to look. I didn’t want to just go to home depot or something if the prices/quality are no good. We’re looking to get a decent shed that is about 8 X 8 or 10 X 10 for our back yard to keep our yard tools and my extra wheels/tires in. I was hoping to get a wooden unit as opposed to one of those snap together plastic ones or an aluminum one.

Also, what should I plan on spending?

Thanks!

A guy I work with bought one from a place in Burgettstown. He’s like me and is particular about things and would rather build than buy, but he was happy with them. The guy had a new delivery truck that positions it in place. I don’t think there was a delivery fee to the South Park area. I’ll get the name for you - he copied the literature for me.

i have the 10x10 from homedepot. I bought it going on 6yrs ago. No issues have popped up with it. Id buy another one probably the 10x14 one

I forget where to look, but if you look on the floor or the back of door (somewhere inside) of the wooden home depot sheds you see a set of initials or a logo. they are actually built locally by an amish family. I forget the whole story, but one of my neighbors knows the family and had them do carpentry work inside his home a long time ago and still looks incredible. He just recently had them build him a shed (through home depot) and it looks pretty good. He told me that Home Depot basically sells his sheds, and they got into a big battle about this amish guy putting his name/initials in each one. The little guy won and they all have his initials in them. I don’t know if it’s literally all the local Home Depot, since the guys is butler based. But I do know the ones sold on rt 8 in Hampton, in Cranberry, Ross Park, and Camp Horne sell his wooden sheds.

I thought my neighbor’s was built well… don’t know if any of that actually helps, but it may be worth taking a look at the Home Depot sheds…

My Homedepot shed was on a skid where i had to build it myself. The ones they show are the models and skids are in the back

Yeah, PM me the info when you get it.

That sounds good. I’ll go check out HD this weekend. Sounds like people are pretty happy with them.

Yoder’s Backyard Structures
1718 Smith Township State Road
Burgettstown
724-947-9741

8x8 up to 14x36
mini barn, workshop, hi-side barn, quaker, chateu

painted T1-11, vinyl siding, board and baton

all the usual options like ramps, windows, doors, vents

try searching them on craigslist. i"ve seen them on there before. they were pretty nice too. dont know about price.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/for/1606027863.html

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/1580500618.html

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/prk/1586987903.html

Thanks, I’ll get in contact with them.

For how much crap I buy on craigslist, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that sooner. Thanks.

Lowes