Shed??

So I want to put up a 10x10 or 10x12 shed. I priced out materials and whipped up some construction plans…Looks like it’s going to cost me about $1000 in materials to build this thing.

Is there anywhere local I can buy a kit or a pre-assembled shed thats around this size for around this price (and not a piece of shit)? If I can avoid spending a whole weekend building it and it will be sturdy (I.E. not those shitty galvanized sheet-steel buildings that cost $300-400) I’d much rather buy something already done or half-done…

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?69527-Disposing-of-a-shed-Amherst-Post-44-new-shed

Start at post 44.

Just expand on the garage, don’t be a pussy.

Thanks man…Looks like 84lumber has 10x12 kits for $899…but it’s wood and I’d have to stain it and waterproof it.

EDIT: seems the one you’ve got isn’t listed on BJ’s website. I also don’t have a membership…guess I’ll have to go in and check it out in person and see if they have a 10x10 or 10x12 available and what it’ll cost

Gennaro…doesn’t make sense to add on to the garage given it’s location in my yard. If I wanted a bigger garage I’d have to knock this one down and go to the very back of my yard with a new bigger garage so I don’t block off my entire yard with the garage (rendering the yard useless)…and going tandem on the garage (making it deeper instead of wider) is dumb as fuck.

Garage > Backyard space which you don’t even use lol.

I plan to be out of this house in 10yrs of ownership or less. Gotta think resale value vs. what I REALLY need…if I got all my yard equipment out of the garage I’d have plenty of room for projects.

I bought a very similar might be the same shed as JayS I love it we use it for all the lawn stuff so I can use my garage for what it was built for my 4 cars lol During the winter i move the snow thrower out and put the motorcycle in and wont worry about it. definitely worth the money.

this is exactly my goal. although I could only WISH for a 4car garage in cheektowaga hahahahaha.

It was $1000 back when I bought it.

Closest they have on their site now is this one:

Lowes has mine, but it costs more now:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_147118-75128-60005_4294720406__?productId=3169189&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Be careful if you’re searching around online. There’s a model 60005 and a model 60020. The 60020 doesn’t have the steel support beams and will probably collapse under heavy snow.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

:tup: I remember you bumping my thread to see how it was holding up.

heritage structures…I found their stuff at Smokin Joes…they also have a little thing on Tranist Rd in lockport…i was looking at bigger like 12X16 vinyl siding…delivered and set in place was like 2400 i dont know what the smaller ones were going for sorry

HI I WORK AT LOWES

^^lol.

1000 bucks for a shed? i think you could do it cheaper

lol @ Motocross

No doubt. But you’d be painting or staining it every 5 years or so. I spent $1000 because it’s completely maintenance free.

I said the same thing!!!

at current rates for lumber and plywood I estimated $1000 not including roofing (because I have leftover materials from doing my garage roof last summer) I was APPALLED when I came up with that number.

I might look into recycled building materials to see if I can get cost down. I’d love to be in it under $600

Lowe’s sucks. Treat good, LOYAL customers like shit and they’ll shop elsewhere.

build it out of culled 2x3 and 3/8" osb from home depot…$400 tops

Don’t forget the glue.

Why so hostile?