Where to buy Dry Ice locally?

I saw that praxair HAS and or SELLS it, but im not sure if they’d sell it to the public or not, but i need a few blocks of it if not more for shipping and some other purposes, so if anyone knows anyplace locally feel free to let me know.

Irish Carbonic Sells it if Im not mistaken

Have a Phone number and or an address?

Falls Welding. . . any welding suppier should for that matter

yes but would they sell it to me ? I know most people only sell to either people with a business or some other kind of work, as i haven’t heard of anything of just letting consumers just buy it for whatever reasons

I don’t see why not. I called them up for some once and they never gave me a hard time about it. If they ask just give them a bullshit story like your mailing a frozen pizza to your uncle in Cali. (Pizza Junction does it all the time).

i’d rather not bullshit anyone, i just would rather find someone who wouldn’t give a rats ass about selling it, do you have a phone number for them by chance or no?

irish on clinton and baily will sell to anyone. bring a cooler. a 25 lb block is $25 after tax

I just heard this from a guy at work, dunno how true it holds, but he said the following

if you take a can of the air duster stuff you use to clean out your keyboard, that it’s the same as dry ice but in liquid form, so if you turn the can upside down and spray it, it in essence have the same effect as dry ice as the liquid gets sprayed out on to the car just having the same effect, only without the brick of dry ice.

anyone know if that holds true?

you can get liquid CO2 to come out by doing that.

thats all

but would that be the same as using dry ice? say if you did this on metal to take out a dent or something, would it work on that? being it freezes or gets pretty damn cold when spraying it out anyways.

Yes, it’s quite cold. Will it work for that no idea.

most likley

Buffalo Welding Supply has a customer counter. You can just walk in any buy stuff.

396 Grand Island Boulevard
Tonawanda NY 14150
(716) 875 3340

Just tell them you are a cash customer.

isn’t grand island blvd in Grand Island? lol

Its true. Use “Air Duster” its a dumb idea to use dry ice because it wont have the same effect and may not work at all.

so dry ice, because it’s colder won’t pull out a dent, but air duster will?
im just curious if you can explain it as i don’t see how dry ice or airduster will pull out a dent or something. I just don’t understand the science behind it.

sigh metal shrinks when cooled RAPIDLY (basic material property)
A dent is a flat paned that has been STRETCHED into concave shape. SHRINKING the stretched part will cause the panel to return to its original flat shape.

Holding up a block of dry ice is slow cooling and you will cool the entire panel and not just the spot you need… probably wont work.

It needs to be cooled is a small area and FAST.

you sound lazy. That annoys me

Well when i googled Irish Carbonic Sells it came up with nothing
but then i realized that he meant to leave the S in sells lower cased and in the context of sells and in fact was not apart of the companies actual name, hence i asked for the phone number, because at first i was not finding it at all, so i apologize for the laziness