Where to buy new appliances?

The wife and I went shopping yesterday to look for new appliances for our next house since we are leaving all of our current appliances in the townhouse. All of the stuff that we bought for the townhouse was purchased from Daniels Discount in Pleasant Hills. We got really great prices and the delivery/disposal of the old stuff was dirt cheap. We went there yesterday and we weren’t impressed with the selection this time.

We also checked out Lowes and Home Depot for prices/models, but I wasn’t sure what our other choices are. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Bridgeville Appliance or Don’s Appliances? We are going to need a dishwasher, fridge, and glass-top oven/stove.

sears warehouse

x2 scratch and dent FTW

The scratch and dent place in Lawrenceville FTW

When we built our house we got prices at Daniel’s, took them to Lowe’s, and they took another 10% off without even checking our prices. But maybe the guy didn’t know what he was doing.

How bad is this stuff usually scratched/dented up? I won’t want any of the scratches/dents to be visible. I’d rather spend like an extra $50 or $100 and have stuff that looks brand new.

you can usually find scratch and dent stuff with small imperfections on non-visible sides or back of appliances. There is one on 19 in the south hills

buyers market… everything is Negotiable

Dormont Appliance was the best I could find this past summer when I did a house. I was surprised.

x2

bought our washers and dryers there about 6 yrs ago, one was scratched and one was dented, but when pushed together you couldn’t see either one…

we’ve purchased all of our appliances from scratch and dent…

Stay away from the Kennmore Oasis series washers and dryers. they are garbage.

lowes usually has the lowest prices…i’ve purchased stuff from the lawrenceville scratch and dent and it’s not cheaper, most of their stuff isn’t even scratched or dented usually anyway…

Lowes most likely will have the lowest prices and best selection. Smaller mom and pop stores will match prices most of the time. Bridgeville Appliance are good people, but you can’t touch Lowes prices.

Another thing about larger stores is their installers are subcontracted out, and not always the best people. The Sears Scratch and Dent going into Bridgeville is nice. Most manufacturers are not covering cosmetics anymore, so be careful.

I hate scratch and dent stores. pay the extra $10 and get something new and nice looking, most appliances will last at least 15 years, might as well get a nice one up front.

Try Reese Warehouse in Smithfield. If you don’t mind driving up there, it might pay off.

A lot of the time if you look around in one of those places, you wouldn’t know the damage to one unless it was noted. I think $50+ off is worth checking.

Yup, can’t beat the scratch and dent store deals. Check both the store in Lawrenceville and the one out on I79. Our stainless Kenmore Elite side by side fridge was $1500 in the retail store and we picked it up for $600. The scratched side is up against a wall and can’t be seen at all. Our front load he washer and dryer were tagged at $750 each in the retail store and we got them for $350 each.

VOSS tv and appliances?

Ive heard they got decent prices, we always deal with them when we buy stuff for resale and he is good friends with my cousin