Where to buy power cord?

I think the power cord on my craptastic Acer laptop went to crap. Won’t take a charge or even stay on.

Can I get one at Best Buy or something? Or is this one of those online-only things that I’m going to have to wait a week for?

I suck at this stuff.

I doubt anyone local will have it.

eBay, search for “Acer ModelAcerYouHave power supply” and order it there.

Could also be the connector broke loose from the mobo. As silly as it is, this is a huge part of why I bought my wife a mac to replace her last laptop.

radio shack (~$150)… . . . but try to take the batt out then plug it in and see what happens … if the batt is shoot it may not work for that reasion

this is what went down with my laptop it will only work with the shit batt out

You should have someone test the power brick with a volt meter to see if its the problem.Fry might also be correct.

acers suck had the same problem there known for fried motherboards google it

go on newegg.com . if your problem really is the powercord they have one on there for i think $35, it comes with a few different conectors and a voltage or watt regulator. i got one a few months back for the gf’s sister’s computer has worked perfect since

monoprice.com

im telling you my way will work

don’t buy that stuff in a retail store. you can get it at best buy but they’ll bend you over on the price.

Yeah the stores wanted upwards of $130…found one on ebay for a buy it now of $16.95…we’ll see if that’s what the problem was or how long this one works for. I know my crappy Dell has a dud battery because it only works when plugged in, but the Acer was flickering back and forth like the plug was loose or something before it completely died out.

did you take out the batt and try it w/o it in?

Might be the solder connections right inside the laptop. Find someone with a good PS before you go buying a new one and test it out.

Or at minimum make sure there is voltage coming out of plug itself.

Yeah. I got nothing.

UPDATE got the new cord in the mail and it’s still not working.

(it was doing this before) it starts to power up, lights turn on, and 3 seconds later it turns off again like it doesn’t have enough power to boot up all the way. Probably doesn’t help that this was the one time I had the damn thing unplugged and used it till the battery was practically dead.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I’m getting P.O.'d because I have ALL my kid’s baby pictures on the computer and I stopped backing them up in June due to laziness :frowning: