Where to buy really good double sided tape?

Where would one find body shop grade 2 sided tape? I would stop by a body shop but don’t know any in the area I’m in.

Crappy Tire? Sears? Home depot? Dollar store?

Home Depot could work , what area are you in? theres a store on Steeles and 27 called TAPE WORLD lol i think they might sell tape .

i got mine at canadian tire dude, shit works for everything. i’ll try to get the name of this one i have… doesn’t come off in the rain, heat, cold it’s awesome.

3M

NAPA sells awesome DS tape. It is about 1/16" thick foam with a rediculous adhesive. It’s about 3/4" wide.

I got a 50 ft roll of it but I think they have smaller ones.

buy 3m brand from where ever and you wont go wrong.

blue s13 is right i use napa brand double sided tape in my shop all the time best way too go

3M is good but it isn’t very strong.

I bought some from the dollar store here in Windsor in a big white roll. Once its on its impossible to get off. I’ve used the 3M on my sideskirts and after a bit it would fall off. The dollar store tape holds it too good. If I take the skirts off I have to heat up the tape and use an knife to cut it down the middle of the tape. Then getting the tape off the paint and sideskirt is a bitch.

3M is good for stuff that doesn’t flex alot. Dollarstore tape will hold everything but is impossible to get off.

Mr X…is there any particular “brand” and which dollar store is it? Thanks!

^^^same question cuz i got some dollar store tape and it was shieeeeetttt

I got two kinds. The stuff mr X was talking about and the “duck” tape version at CT. Both were the crazy glue kind that’s impossible to get off. If you make a mistake, too bad.

Thanks for the tips!

yea heat it the area and the tape just a lil bit before applying, and good luck.
ps also clean the area with rubbing alcohal if your installing urethane parts clean it with alcohal or acetone too.

if your installing fiberglass cand the inside of the fiberglass part as smooth as you can .

Not sure on the brand Mark. It was on a yellow piece of cardboard I think.

Like ronnie said, you have one time to get it right.

Canadian Tires is alright. Works well for the most part cept when it gets heated up.
I used it on gauges on my dash many times in the past. When the sun bakes the dash, the tape slides off leaving a snail trail down the dash.

Kind of annoying but beats drilling into a good dash.

Sears??? wtf !! Look go to a body shop and ask for some 3M double sided tape i used that on my old FD to hold my pods on my dash. i dident want to drill threw it. Or you can get it at Canadian Tire, Rona, Lowes. Not hard to find. better yet ask for industrial tape.

Thanks for the tips dude! :slight_smile:

anything that company puts their name on is pimp shit

Which tape would you guys recommend for mounting a rear lip? Don’t want to drill a bunch of holes if I don’t have to.