Where to buy vacuum tubing locally?

so it’s a baffle?

“A fuel surge tank is used to avoid fuel feed problems, especially during hard cornering. This is also useful on many stock EFI cars which have poorly baffled tanks. The surge tank stores a small amount of fuel for the high pressure pump to pick up if flow from the main tank is interrupted for any reason.”

Surge tank, vertical canister in lower of fuel cell area. feed from fuel cell via internal pump which in turn feeds inline pump up to regulator. Return feeds back into the tank through baffles to prevent aeration of the fuel. Overflow(if any) returns back to fuel cell via top 10AN line. As stated used to prevent fuel starvation in high G/yaw racing scenarios(in this case rally)

Kenny I would leave the filter where is and just run lengthened lines to/from that you can go over or under the charge piping with(under preferred). Just bend/tweak the metal fuel rails lines accordingly. Smaller line is the vent

For the fuel lines either buy some really good EFI fuel injection hose, or call Shako and see if they have any 4an( Aeroquip FC332 hose in stock(blue socketless stuff). That is double wall and internally reinforced so it may be a bitch to get over as I think the OEM lines are 5/16" and 6an(3/8) is going to be too big(won’t crush down enough to safely seal even with proper EFI clamps) If you heat the end of the hose and shoot a little WD40 on both the hardline end and inside the rubber line you’ll be able to push 4an FC332 over a 5/16" fitting

Well the whole fuel filter issue was not even an issue on mine. I was making an assumption on the filter basing it off the 02 I did recently. Well mine didn’t have the filter on the strut tower so it wasn’t nearly as bad. The lines are still a little funky, but they are good enough to work with for now. If I could somehow find a 90* fitting that would connect to the hard line coming off the motor (where the 3 lines are stacked) then it would be perfect.

+1 on the “Oetiker” clamps, I use them all the time. McMaster sells them as ‘gap free pinch clamps’, along with the tool to install/remove them

Here’s another question, who sells silicone couplers locally and is hopefully open on the weekend??? I have everything apart and the piping kit didn’t include the throttle body to inlet pipe adapter (2 different sizes… maybe 3" TB and 2.5" pipe… not sure exactly). If I can’t find one, I can double up the couplers temporarily but I really don’t want to do that.

IIRC the TB is 2.75" or thereabout. I have some couplers here at the shop.

Measure the pipe and TB and shoot me a text, I’ll see if anything here matches up and let you know. 225-8384

Sorry I didn’t get back to you… it was a LONG weekend. Finishing up the FMIC turned into an entire list of little mini mods that had to be done. But it worked out in the end. I will have to grab a coupler off of you though. While Brooks was welding up the BOV flange for me I grabbed a 3"-2.5" coupler from him, but it ended up being too big so I am almost positive its 2.75". I picked up a cheap set of Pep Boys silicone hoses to get me through, but they will def. be replaced. I already ended up blowing off the small line that feeds the BOV… even with a zip-tie on it. I’ll probably stick with some 3/16" fuel line (that’s what the previous owner used throughout). It seems to be a nice tight fit and I like it having the thicker “wall”. I’ll post up the build list and pics when I get home.