Where to get a TV fixed.

So my TV decided to show a lot of red and green tonight after the game, as well as warp the bottom of the screen.

Its a 51" Magnavox TV. Like to have fixed by someone who wouldn’t rape me on charges.

Any suggestions?

I’d take it to Lifetime Service, and see what they think the dammage is… If it’s a board… maybe replace it… if it’s a Picture tube… throw it out and buy a new one it’ll be cheaper. IT seems like you are starting to loose your picture tube, buuuut… the controll board may have something to do with it.

is it a crt or projection?

The projection tv’s have three guns, its really simple to replace them.

I think Sally Struthers fixes TV’s. She was offering TV/VCR repair classes last time i remember. Have you tried calling her?

Yes it is a projection TV.

How easy would it be to diagnose if one of the guns is bad? Is that the same as a Picture Tube?

just take the back off it, and see if one of the guns isn’t coming on.

The guns are like projector lights, you can’t miss them.

All the guns are on. So I don’t know.

Hi Fi Hospital on Transit in williamsville.

Dr. Bill is a cool guy

Jeller

The guns might be easy to replace, but they sure aren’t cheap. About a year after I got my 51" HD Sony there was a recall on the guns and they replaced all three. They subbed the work out to authorized installers in the area and did in home service. The guy was cool so I asked him how much we were talking in parts had this not been a warranty issue. $900 in parts ALONE just for the 3 color guns.

Yeah I saw him he quoted me the same price as lifetime service but with I would have to take to TV to him instead of having it fixed at home.

My 60" was garbage picked, I then had a mirror cut @ the glass joint on bailey, and I have a perfectly functioning fucking huge TV for $65.

I wasn’t sure if garbage picking it was a waste of time… and then money after I spent the $65, but it ended up working perfectly.

Getting used lamps should be easy.