Where to get a working o2 sensor?

My o2 sensor has bit it, and I don’t want to spend 400$ at a dealership getting a new one… Anyone know if there’s any auto wreckers in town that have any Spec Vs? I’m going to call around tomorrow and was hoping maybe anyone saw one or heard of one anywhere in particular to help narrow the search down.

found this link on thevboard. he wants 100$ shipped.

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=90843&highlight=sensor

Tell “VeNoMz” you know me “MrRage” from myspecv.com

Looking for something locally now… Mine shit out on me completely and now is in fail safe mode (can’t rev past 2500!). Are o2 sensors universal? Would a primary o2 sensor from a Maxima/Altima/Whatever else has QR25DEs work??

So your telling me you can’t fine any around? From a Altima, X-Trail or Sentra? Try AllWest Auto. They have a couple of Altimas

Since when does a fucked 02 sensor put you in safe mode?

I’m just not sure what else it could be? Maybe it’s not in fail safe mode?? I just read online that if it’s not revving past 2200-2500 then it’s in fail safe mode. I checked my codes, and I’m still only throwing the o2 sensor heater code like I have since I turboed.

Hmmm… I just checked my codes again this morning…

P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit High Input

ya, I always though it was the MAF sensor, which I’m pretty sure is the cause of limp mode, not the 02 sensor. MAF sensors seem to go pretty quickly in turbo’d specs, even more so in 02-03’s. I think you can eliminate this by putting before the turbo (can’t remember the technical name for it, Blow through?).

Anyways, I’d confirm but thevboard is down for some reason.

Try to clean your MAF (not with brake fluid) and do the idle relearn, if it is still in limp mode, your MAF is caput. That is my guess anyways.

Cleaned with sensor cleaners, idle relearned still fucked… When I took off the MAF there was definately oil in the intake. Now I gotta find MAF, and all except two of the auto wreckers (Pick n Pull and Midtown Imports) are closed til the weekend… Midtown has nothing that has a QR25DE in it, and Pick n Pull doesnt keep inventory so I gotta get up there and hopefully they have something.

I’d find out why you have oil in your intake before putting that new(er) MAF back in. Do you still run the PCV back to the intake?

The oil was getting in there cuz I was getting oil past my turbo seals through the turbo when it was cold. It happened 3 times this winter. Every time was because I plugged into dead plugs at work, and was too lazy to use my plug checker to see if they worked. I’m just going to have to get a pressure regulator or something on my oil inlet on the turbo if I wanna keep driving it in winter.

Well… I found out why my oil restrictor isn’t working… Oil pressure before restriction was 25-30 ish… Oil pressure after restriction (0.061 Nos Nozzle) was 25-30ish… oi. Looks like I gotta use a smaller nos nozzle, and I think I may have found a MAF. Couple of em at an auto wrecker in Nisku I found on car-parts.com. Hopefully they aren’t gonna cost me more than 200$… But eh, only other ones I can find are in Ontario ranging from 140$-200$ before shipping… So who knows… Gonna have to call them tomorrow after work and see what they can do for me…

MAF installed… Problem solved. woot. Note to all. MAF = good thing, oil = good thing… MAF + Oil = Bad Thing.

Thanks for the reminder… :lol: