Where To get, Compaq Presario 17XL260 Mother Brd

I found one on Impact Computers for $139.

Is that the cheapest around? I fried the back where the D/C plugs in.

Thanks

it looks like it’s a notebook mobo, correct?

that may be you best bet. I saw them going for 300-500 on other sites (or 150 for repair)

g/l

OK, thanks. I’ve bought a few other things from them. :tup: to them.

Before anyone tells me this laptaop is shit, ts like a older car…I just keep throwing some cheap parts at it and it keeps runnin. I only use it for tuning/scanning my car.

…just thought I’d share that

Crack it open and hardwire the supply to the board, or put on your own connector. Had to do it once for a friends old “browsing from the couch” notebook. Unless you actually cooked the regulation, then a new boards the only way to go.

I actually cooked the board. It pretty much started on fire and burnt to a crisp. Nothing left to hardwire to…lol

How do you know that you didn’t damage other components in the process? Make sure the company you buy it from has a return policy in case the board doesn’t fix the problem. Or you can be SOL.

Honestly, you should look at notebooks on ebay. For $139 you can probably get a working unit that’s sufficient for your needs. Then sell your cooked one on ebay (it’ll sell for the screen alone if nothing else).

why dont they make “enthusiast” mainboards for laptops? It cant be that much harder to build a laptop. I swapped cpu’s on a couple of them. Seemed easy enough.