where to go for dynotuning

Its time for me to get my car tuned, and I was just curious to see where everyone is going. My car is a 86 mustang 5speed, fuel injected, and blown. I live in the buffalo/tonawanda area. Has anyone had good experience with a place around here? I have a lot invested into this motor, and I want the person that is tuning it to know what they are doing. I had set plans for someone to go to, but a lot of horror stories came from them. Any opinions? Who is good with fords? Thanks, Joe

eh…from what I heard, Kennedy’s is not a good place…PJ’s is your best bet…they specialize in Mustangs.

i’d still like to dyno my car and see how much mazda lies.

Honestly, if it was my car i wouldnt go anywhere local. Just my opinion. There are a few excellent guys in maryland if you can get your car out there, but i guess for local shops P&Js thouhg they will probably rape you for tuning. Just my 2 cents

p and j

Yeah I was thinking about pandj, but Was looking for some more options Its not too serious of a setup, just a blown 331 and about 500 to the wheels. I was just looking to see where people went with their cars.

500 to the wheels seems pretty serious to me prob good for low 7,s in the 8th which is a good street contender

P&J cant tune … they dont have the equipment …

Joe take it up to DiSilva’s in Canada … great guys and great work

Hmm… never heard of them. How far up are they? Where was the turbo 347 tuned?

my car was tuned by kenneys and i couldnt be happier! do NOT got to P&J…unless of course you like to be ripped off.

Isn’t kennedys expensive too? I have heard 50/50 good/bad opinions about him.

doesnt innovative tuning do this kinda stuff?

[quote=“cky89,post:12,topic:31108"”]

doesnt innovative tuning do this kinda stuff?

[/quote]

no dyno

kennedys is $145 per hour. for what you gain, its hardly expensive. i was charged 3 hours, when i was there for 4. i “heard” all the same things about him b4 i went, and i took a chance. i had the BEST experience. i have found out, that 99.9% of those people who say “never ever go there” have NEVER had their car there, or have even talked to Bob…ever. for me…no personal experience = not a valid opinion.

talk to those who have actually had there car there…and ignore those who haven’t.