Places to get a dyno tune

I am looking at getting a dyno tune for my 06 GTO this spring. The two places I am looking at are Speednation and ASA performance. I want to see if anybody on here is familiar with them, and if they had good or bad experience with them. If anyone can help me out that would be great.

A few people i know had some very bad experiences with Speed Nation. Spent lots of money, and got nothing out of it. I have met Ed from ASAP. Seems like a decent guy. Probably best if you just go check the shops out.

I believe JJ’s can now dyno tune as well. They do not have an in house dyno, but Hybridynamics does right down the road!

Thanks for your info, I thought hybridynamics only did import tuning.

THat correct, but I believe JJ’s can do tuning on Hybrids Dyno.

:love:

ASAP is supposed to be a very good shop but you will also pay the money for it. I have also heard they are more focused on Vette’s more so than other cars. Just my $.02

“Heard” some real horror stories about ASAP. Again, just “heard”.

I had one experience there; had them mount some tires for me. While there the guy tried to sell me a different nitrous system (wanted me to buy their NX wet kit instead of my Zex dry kit) and have them install it. I think they tried to sell me on some other stuff as well, but I can’t really remember (this was almost three years ago).

They put a charger on a guys I know’s GTO (04 or 05) and he was really happy, He commented that they were the only company authorized to install and tune that brand on an automatic…

anyways they seem pricey, but always busy…

anyone have an AWD dyno?
I really need to get my GSX tuned and would like to see how much power I really am putting down

Seems like every shop around here that dyno tunes gets mixed reviews. Im more leaning towards ASA performance because I checked out there website, and they seem to have experience with the LS engines. But then again speednation and JJ are still not out of the question. I guess I will have to make some phone calls.

pretty sure JJ’s has more LSx experience

Pewter is the man wit lsx’s

Interesting. I always thouight they were more of a mustang place. I always see stangs sitting in front of there place.

Please do not go to Speed Nation. They are a joke. I took my car there to have a piggyback installed and tuned. I got charged $1,200 for a shitty tune. I was informed only one person would be doing the work, but when he brought another person in the mix. I was being charged for two people’s time being worked on my car. I went back countless times to get my issue’s fixed, but he only wanted to charge me more money. Now, I had some issues with my car when it went there, some of the injectors wiring was faulty, and replaced. If you want electronics installed there, thats fine, but be firm in what you want, and what your paying. Don’t go there for a tune, he’s a fucking joke. I would never go to Speed Nation again.

Asap did an engine swap on my brothers mr2 and they did not even come close to having it run right afterward, the “light” tuning was done on the street. so maybe they have better luck tuning on a dyno, and expect to good money for their work they are not cheap. If they are not a mustang shop they sure could have fooled me, thats All I saw while I was there

These are some pretty harsh stories, a lot of money for nothing. I definitely won’t be going to speed nation now. It seems like JJ’s is most liked by everyone, haven’t heard anything bad about them yet. But then again, I don’t know too much about them.

just watch if you go to JJs, Brian can get a lil handsy :tounge:

:hsdance:

i hope its not the red one im thinking of…

that guy just had the procharger put on from what i know… stock manifolds… stock injectors… everything stock…

from what i hear last year at flashlights stock 05/06 LS2 GTO’s were walking that guy…