where'd teh dyno day thread go?

??? :dunno:

prob not a paying sponsor. if you are talkin about that ASAP one?

check the new rule that whitey posted. if you are referring to another one. then i have no freakin clue

Yes. No soliciting business on Pittspeed unless you’re a paying advertiser

I wondered how long that post was gonna go until it was shut down.

hybrid > asap period

x23423253245643623562546347345673567467456747657

About a year ago I had ASAP mount a set of drag radials for me and give my Mustang a front end alignment.

They seemed like okay guys, but the owner tried to talk me out of my already installed Zex kit for an NX kit, suggested I buy some dyno time from them, told me a front brake caliper was going bad (I have no idea where they got this from, they told me this a year ago and the calipers are still fine, no pulling or anything), and told me my nitrous line was too close to my exhaust (it was actually further from the exhaust than my fuel lines!).

That said, they’re lot is always filled with well done, beautiful cars, so I assume that they’re doing something right.

I have probably heard more bad things than good. Every import car that goes through there I usually know. The one boosted prelude that was there supposedly they blew the turbo up and then it took them like 6 months to fix it. I’da had it done in less than a week… :lame:

ive said this atleast a million times on here… no one purposely blows shit up on dynos. if owner is willing to let someone else tune their car and shit breaks as a result of bad tune, then they should only blame thierself.

the tune is only as good as the person doing it.

w/ that said, i used asap before to tune a turbo vw golf before hybrid had their dyno. i had no problems at all. they ran the car, i pushed buttons.

w/ that said, i would presently go to hybrid. closer to me, and more familiar w/ the people. nothing personal toward asap though.

Nicely said sailor.

Yes - somebody actually understands that the tune is only as good as the tuner and the car is only as good as the person who built the car. The motor never lies - there is no crystal ball to look inside and see who put what where OR if they did the job correctly. It’s extremely difficult to tune a vehicle when the owner knows none of the history about the vehicle.
While on the subject, you can’t expect to put 10 psi on a 100,000 mile motor and expect it to survive for long, no matter who tunes it. Racing is not cheap - you need a good base to begin with - then you build from there.

I know exactly the Honda that you speak of - it was brought to us from another shop (I won’t mention who or from where - because I won’t comment on facts that I’m not aware of) The Prelude had more problems than I could even list on this forum. A few of them included - bad turbo, bad computer, MANY wiring problems, wrong size injectors, etc. Yes, the Honda sat here for a while waiting for the owner to come up with the “moola” to pay for the parts and repairs necessary to correct these problems. In some cases, the owner cannot afford to do all of the repairs properly and there are times that you have to work with the owner in stages to make the repairs. I don’t know about anybody else here - but I can’t afford work for free!

Buick guys do it all the time…100K + 21lbs no prob :beer:

:spank:

what!!! your not made of money WTF !!!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

then why is your pink passion still in the garage???

since when does a computer just go bad? alot of dyno shops blame the computers. hell that one shop XMZ claimed a few computers were bad but they werent. it was the operator.

also heard from asap that they tuned a 03 cobra and ended up doing a poor tune and didnt even go into the power range of this 4v motor. along with beating the car before giving it back to the owner. but you hear these stories from just about every shop. shops will always point the blame to something else besides themselves. sometimes its the parts, sometimes its the owner sometimes its the damm shop that caused the motor to let go

rumor mills

There is alot of confusion on nitrous systems and the fundamentals or science of how it works. When nitrous is heated by either bottle warmers or exhaust systems, the nitrous starts to convert from liquid to gas. For example: 900 psi bottle pressure heated will flow less liquid nitrous than 700 psi bottle cold. Those are facts that can be confirmed by the manufacturers. Speed shops, like mine, have to do the job to the properly the first time because we cannot afford to blow up a motor. Just like the nitrous companies fuel jetting will purposely make the air/fuel mixtures richer than needed to protect their asses. Every stock jetted nitrous system I have ran across so far - have been excessively too rich causing a loss in horsepower. I could sit here for an hour going into depth about nitrous systems but I don’t think that anybody is in the mood for a science lesson. There are alot of GREAT articles out there pertaining to nitrous systems.

Your motor was already built for a turbo. I’m speaking of people who throw superchargers and turbos on motors that are ran hard and put away wet - you know, the ones who have never had one ounce of maintenance done to them!