Places to get a dyno tune

My buddy got a camaro ss ls1 tuned out by reading Pa somewhere but some guy that has the fastest all motor or something f body, i don’t know the name of the shop but i know they are nationally know and i will ask my bud who it was. he gained like 1xx some whp.

Rapid

JJ’s FTMFW

:blue:

I don’t know if your GTO is modded or not. If it’s stock or lightly modded you could probably do a mail order tune. Check out pcmforless.com. Also, Bryan Herter (pcmforless) is now in Indiana, PA, rather than the eastern part of PA.

Check out the “tuning/dyno” section of the GTO forums (ls1gto.com).

There is a guy named Jeremy Formato who is kind of a LSx god when it comes to dyno tuning. He travels around the country to various dyno days, doing tunes. He’s not cheap, 450 comes to mind, but guys say he’s good. Search his name on the GTO forum.

sounds like the gto owner is an idiot

dont go to speed nation went there with some buddies an got cars dynod an the dude seemed like he didnt know what he was doing i did like 5 runs b4 he got the damn machine ready for a offical run an the dyno is off so horribly, i believe its like 150 an hour or something for dyno tune an they just pretty much hook up a programmer an let it do the work just my opinions on the matter from seeing what other people make on a dyno with just exhaust an makin more hp then my friend with full bolt ons it says a few things bout a dyno place

just go to jj’s he is the man with gm motor’s

mustang dynos are better in my opinion for tuning… the friction loading to the wheels is a great representation of what is to expect on the street

now as for power output, mustang dynos are horrid

jj’s, but for the sake of options, my buddy terry tuned my 03 cobra. He has a TON of caged/tubbed/turbo fords around his shop that he’s worked on for people. He knows his stuff as well. He’s about a hour away from downtown, towards newcastle.

a couple buddies of mine took their T/As to Big Shot dyno in Hudson OH, they said they were pleased.

They do have quite a few Mustangs that just sit in their lot. However, in and out, Vette’s seem to take the cake. This is my experience with just living in the area and driving past it nearly every day.