Where/What Mountain Bike to get?

Any suggestions? Want to spend around 500-600…or less If I can find a good deal on something decent.

Does xwalkerx still work at berts? he might be able to get you a discount.

YA I got one at Berts. It was quite a few years ago. There is also a small place in the village of Hamburg that has some good deals. Granted I’m sure there are small places all over the place I just have some experience with the one in Hamburg.

dicks sporting goods on maple actually has like 4 bikes left from about 3 years ago when they used to sell great bikes. Last time i checked they were going for dirt cheap

yeah, i should also rep eric’s cycle works. My mom got her bike from him. I used to go to him for all my BMX stuff…

i picked up a scott reflex from ski market for a bit under that. not sure what you are looking for in terms of suspension and gears though.

Well im going to use it to jump a house…with a big ramp…so

suspension :tup:

as for gears…they don’t have a auto tranny?! what ever will I do?!

Ya there are the bikes with the front, rear and seat suspension good for hard trail riding but once you get on a road they suck.

http://www.wnymba.org/portal.php?h=swap

Check this out. Probably be some really good deals on new and used equipment.

http://www.wnymba.org/portal.php?h=swap

Check this out. Probably be some really good deals on new and used equipment.

northstarbike.com or Niagracycle.com both local

do they still deal with BMX

:tup: to erics cycle worx…right on mainstreet and buffalo in hamburg.

I bought a gary fisher marlin for about $480 bucks…works good.

Definitely go to the swap and get there early. Eric is cool in Hamburg, Shifting gears is also a good shop up in lockport. I don’t really know much about the offerings in that price range.

The Buffalo Police are having a bike auction this Saturday(March 31st) at 9am at their garage.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=46491

Red door in amherst gave me a really good price on a specialized.

Im really afraid to go to one of these places…have them say the words “carbon fiber” and walk out with a bike payment :lol:

I got my road bike at Campus Cycle Works on Elmwood. Smallish selection but good people. I worked at Berts for years and years, but its been so long now that I wouldnt be able to pull any discount. If you do decide to check out Bert’s, I’d suggest the Niagara Falls Blvd. location.

For $600 you can get a decent, entry level mountain bike new. However, if you want to put in the effort, you can get a MUCH nicer bike used. I’ve seen bikes that retail for $2k+ go for $600-1000 used after only a year or two.

unless your deciding on some offroad i would suggest getting a road bike. i have a trek that i baught like 5 years ago, its a nice bike but its heavy as hell. i wish i baught a road bike… titanium frame ftw

Yes they do but their selection isn’t huge so it depends what you are looking for. The thing with bmx is there are 3 very good rider owned mailorder companies that pretty much due to prices/selection are hard to beat. If your looking for some bmx stuff pm me with what you want and I can see whats around.