Which engine?

Say you won the lottery and you were done to the benz CL class.

Would you buy the:

CL 55 AMG 493 hp supercharged 5.5L V8

or

CL 600 493 hp Twin Turbo 5.5 L V12

CL 55 AMG… i just saw a black one on my way to class today.

P.S. Get some damn pics of the Mopar already!!!

Originally posted by BlackZ28
CL 55 AMG… i just saw a black one on my way to class today.

P.S. Get some damn pics of the Mopar already!!!

i was checking the numbers, i’d go with the TT V12, it makes 590 ftlbs to the v8’s 516 ft lbs. also the super v8 hp is rated at 6100 where the TTv12 is at 5000 rpms.

any weight/handling differences?

Wait for the SLR. We already have two people in Pittsburgh with down payments on them ($50,000).
No matter which one you choose it will be in the shop for something breaking. Just ask Bettis and Ward.

Originally posted by BlackZ28
any weight/handling differences?
the cl55 amg weighs 4317 and the cl 600 is 4473

Originally posted by RacerXXX
Wait for the SLR. We already have two people in Pittsburgh with down payments on them ($50,000).
No matter which one you choose it will be in the shop for something breaking. Just ask Bettis and Ward.

i really don’t like the looks of the SLR but the 600+ hp is looking alright. maybe i should start playing the lotto if i wanna win. the CL class just looks so smooth and sleek, very low key.

I forgot to mention the rumor of an AMG 600 series. Maybe badged CL 66??:cool:

V12…

turbo>supercharged

It should be an AMG massaged twin turbo V12.

Originally posted by Gnocide
turbo>supercharged

I’d get the V12. There’s a dude in my car club w/ a S600 with Renntech motor and tranny ECUs running 11s with a 4 door luxury boat.

-TJ

i’d get that cadillac they’re still talking about making…something about driving to walmar in a car that does 0-60 in 2.xx seconds

course i’d rather go with the previous style clk (new ones dont apatize me) in a nice silver

http://www.opelclubfinland.net/tapahtumat/090502/MB_AMG_CLK.jpg

course i’d probably pimp it like this, and anyone that would call rice on me i’d see you at beaver that sunday and youd better bring a lot of diapers for when you lose.
http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/mercedes-benz/mercedes_amg_clk-dtm_2002_02_b.jpg

1983 Mercedes Benz 240D

werd.

id get the cl600

Did anyone see the C-class at the show? It’s the cheapest MB w/ like a tuner package on it. I ckd it out here in the showroom, it wasn’t too bad as far as the factory trying to appeal to the younger crowd.

id buy the v8 charger, run the charger until it blows, then swap turbos on it.