Wow, depreciation is a bitch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2005-Mercedes-CL65-AMG-V12-604HP-TWIN-TURBO-CARFAX_W0QQitemZ200314490290QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item200314490290&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

if it wouldnt be so expensive to fix these things, and own it out of warranty… it would be a serious car to consider

his isn’t about a car; it’s about an engine. Forget Vipers, Ferraris, Bentleys, all those rumbling turbodiesel-powered American trucks, and anything else you think has punch. The CL65’s handbuilt, twin-turbocharged 6.0-liter V-12 spanks them all, grunting out 738 pound-feet at just 3000 rpm. And that’s only because Mercedes-Benz electronically limits it to that number; fully unleashed, it’d be good for a transmission-shredding 885 pound-feet worth. Its 604-horsepower rating almost gets lost in the blur.

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG
Base price $178,220
Vehicle layout Front engine, RWD, 2-door, 4-pass coupe
Engine 60o twin-turbo V-12, SOHC, 3 valves/cyl
Displacement, ci/cc 364.9/5980
Max SAE hp @ rpm 604 @ 5500
Max SAE torque @ rpm 738 @ 3000
Transmissio n 5-speed automatic
0-60 mph, sec 3.8
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 11.8 @ 120.9
Brk, 60-0 mph, ft 115
200-ft skidpad, avg g 0.86
600-ft slalom, mph 65.0
On sale in U.S. Currently
What’s Hot
• Fastest-accelerating auto-trans-equipped car we’ve tested
• Every luxury amenity you could ask for
• No ride/noise/harness penalty for all this punch

What’s Not
• Expensive, as you’d expect
• Low production numbers
• Rear cabin so tight it’s almost a two-seater

oh man, I want. I would out-hairy burnout every F-bod and Stang around while enjoying “Every luxury amenity you could ask for”

Wow… That’s depreciation.
Would be pimp to own though.

lol wow…

I wonder how long the tranny lasts if you un-detune it back to 885 TQ…

doesn’t really do much for me

i would hit it.

I was checking these out last May. CHEAP resale because of maintenance costs.
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50762&highlight=cl65

And everyone says domestics are bad! :lol:

is this the one that where they software limited the torque to save the transmission?

I would love one of these… there is a video somewhere of one going to a drag strip with slicks and destroying all kinds of cars with a lot of confused rednecks watching.

^That was sweet.

:tup: to the owner actually driving the car.

:tup: I drove a couple AMG’s this week… I enjoyed every second of it.

Level of want= high.

somebody like you could pull it off and sell in two years for almost no loss… a car like this just ties up capitol.

Ties up buildings? That sounds badass! :eekdance:

can someone link me to that video of the car destroying people at the drag strip while the rednecks get confused

thanks

wasnt that on an episode of supercars exposed with tanner foust?

I googled it and found an episode where he gets destroyed by a Camaro because he doesn’t have race tires, but that was it. :confused:

Yep I caught it awhile ago, show is terrible