Which would you buy...

[quote=“wickedcivy,post:30,topic:29264"”]

m3 if you want to drive in the snow? i dont think either would make very good winter rides… nor would i want to drive 50k+ in the snow in WNY

[/quote]

If you cant handle either of these cars in the snow, you need to learn how to drive.

Yeah, I was on the Z06 kick for a while, but after seeing the HPF kit for the M3, it makes it “fast enough” for me. Then you have for $50K a FAST car, that is really refined, nice to drive, unique, all that shit. On the flip side with the same Budget you have an even Faster corvette. :gotme:

X…

who says an m3 is unique? arguably one of the best BMWs on the board isn’t even an M :shrug:

z06 is unique. and power. :slight_smile:

X, I think to be fair you need to include the “wrenching plans” of each.

edit: you mentioned above…

p.s. - Collars up, b/c the _______ (fill in the blank).

vette

z06

cheaper to tune
cheaper to fix
easier to work on
more result for the money invested

reasons not to M3:
all the creature comforts will go to waste this not being a daily.
even though there are kits for it, i still dont trust the motor boosted, nor do i trust the consistency of the tune.
parts are way more $$$
lafengas will start to hit on you and steal your parts when you arent looking. one minute he is saying how nice you hair looks, next minute your motor is gone and all you have for clues is a trail of resin and carbon fibre dust leading back to my house. and my house doesnt need that kind of drama

its all about what you want. if all you car about is power, z06. interior looks exactly like a transmarobird, which i think is really fugly to begin with. c6 interior is hott though.

z06 is a great car, does wellon tracks, etc. i’m not so sure about that rear suspension, but i’ve never driven one more than 15 mph and their track times seem to be good. but damn, that interior blows.

i view a weekend car as something i can drive a long distance. take your lady to a wine tour 5 hours away kind of thing. or just go blast the curvies alone. i like both cars. maybe i’d go z06 and put in a c6 interior (interior doesnt really matter, its just that the c5 is so fucking fugly)

I voted Z06.

I find it funny how many people are saying, “M is more pimp, but Z06 is faster”.

So if you’re buying the car to impress other people, go with the M, but if you’re buying the car for you, get the Z06. :slight_smile:

i dont see mini van on the list?

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:47,topic:29264"”]

its all about what you want. if all you car about is power, z06. interior looks exactly like a transmarobird, which i think is really fugly to begin with. c6 interior is hott though.

z06 is a great car, does wellon tracks, etc. i’m not so sure about that rear suspension, but i’ve never driven one more than 15 mph and their track times seem to be good. but damn, that interior blows.

i view a weekend car as something i can drive a long distance. take your lady to a wine tour 5 hours away kind of thing. or just go blast the curvies alone. i like both cars. maybe i’d go z06 and put in a c6 interior (interior doesnt really matter, its just that the c5 is so fucking fugly)

[/quote]

The interior isn’t as bad as an F bod. The gauges are a lot nicer and the headsup display is sweet. Digital climate control is cool and the computer that is built in is nice as well. The dashboard doesn’t go 15 feet down towards the windsheild either. The seats are higher quality as well. The only thing that is really the same is the stereo…which could be swapped out.

//M

get a car that you can drive on the weekends, not one that you can drive everyday.

z06

http://www.ronniecowan.co.uk/Corvette%20int.jpg
It’s pretty close to the fbod, and by that I mean, it looks, and feels, like a pile of dogshit when you’re sitting in it.

I hate GM interiors until the C6 came out.

Z06

Great weekend cruiser and street fighter.
Vette parts tax < BMW parts tax
Vette part availability > BMW parts availability

Power potential is huge with a Z06
The interior is ghey but it’s not a daily and most people won’t care because it’s a fast car.

[quote=“K Cuv,post:32,topic:29264"”]

:hay: have you ever been around half the cars on the road?

[/quote]

:smash2: yes… BMWs, vipers, vettes, porsches, STIs, etc etc. The C5 vette is the best Ive been in in terms of a quality performance car.

Newman, I havent been in a C6 yet unfortunately. Id imagine the car itself is better than a C5, but the interior is ugly in comparision, especially the steering wheel. I would take that black leather C5 interior over anything else. I’ll never understand the complaints, it was just fantastic to drive around in. It felt great, looked great…I almost sold both camaros after sryawfsr let me drive his vette around the block

Hell, if its just a weekend car… this’ll work.

http://www.jpracecars.com/knupp/interior.jpg

C5

Maybee this vid will help you = ZO6SEX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZFPE3CZzBs

:suckoff:

[quote=“Xander,post:42,topic:29264"”]

Yeah, I was on the Z06 kick for a while, but after seeing the HPF kit for the M3, it makes it “fast enough” for me. Then you have for $50K a FAST car, that is really refined, nice to drive, unique, all that shit. On the flip side with the same Budget you have an even Faster corvette. :gotme:

X…

[/quote]

Why does a car have to be unique if it is what you want?

I’m gonna reiterate Z/06 as your dad will flip out. :lol: :smiley: