Which you rather have

I’m having a hard time deciding whether or not I want to buy an 03 to 07 350z(Pretty much bone stock 350) or a super clean s14(With lots of nice add ons,JDM kouki conversion front to rear,s14 sr,coils etc).
Both have their pros and cons.
Which would you guys rather have.
I’m at a 50/50 at the moment.
Thanks

if you like to put stuff in the trunk dont get the 350

can you write a list of what you’re planning on using the car for? and what you expect it to do?

If you want 4 seats, don’t get a 350z

Don’t buy a pre '06 350z. They had engine issues with the non "rev up"s.

s14 all day long.

cheaper to insure, 40% better on gas, faster, more disposable (get into accident, take parts off buy new chassis and go), cooler and more knowledgable peers etc.

only drawback is you look like a kid in an S14 vs. a 350z.

i very much prefer driving my s14 vs., my G35… G35 is shit on gas and more expensive in every other way too. G35 is just more comfortable and professional

I want a quick,stylish summer car.That could handle a track day or two every summer.

s14 for sure

Keep your S14 man

s14 all the way, perfect everything car, just not so much in cold winter weather, my sr wont engage gears unless i let it warm up for at least 5 min, and will grind when it’s still cold. but in normal weather it’s the best.

go s14. cheaper and easier to make go faster, and you don’t have to worry as much about body panels getting busted at track. 350’s are more mature i guess, but eh

s14.

I do love s14s and I’m not giving up the one I own.But I’m buying another car in the spring and I can’t decide whether or not to buy a super clean s14 or 350z .The s14 I own needs body work etc.
Does anyone on here own a Z,that used to own an s14?
Would they go back to an s14?
Thanks

I went from an S13 to an 06 350Z. I know it’s not an S14 but I can speak for the Z

Here is my personal take on the Z

Drive quality:
Personally it is fantastic! I find it comfortable for an average guy (5’ 8"), ride is firm but not harsh, I lowered it 1" on eibachs (i drive 100-130KM a day on it) and it feels as good as stock. Climate control is fantastic too! set it and forget it. If the windows fog up in the winter or rainy days just tell it to de-fog/de-frost them and the car will (trust me! i tried a million times but I can’t keep them clear manually).

Looks:
I personally think it is gorgeous and much better looking than the 370Z side by side. Side by side you can see how much taller the body on the 370Z is and it is shorter which I find looks wrong

Handling:
It isn’t my S13 with suspension mods and go-kart feel fun, but it handles great, and it isn’t a 15+ year old car either so it feels refined, lowered 1" with camber kits and alignment, sticky fat tires and this thing is solid I find ( i run 255’s up front and 295’s in the back for the summer). Winter driving it is fine but like all rear-wheel drive cars you have to respect it, especially since it’s torque starts pretty low and the curve stays pretty much flat until redline, it’ll kick out easy

Engine:
UNDER POWERED! the car weighs 3300+ lbs for the base US model and the supposed 306HP peak (yah right, 306HP my ass) in the 06’s isn’t enough. Base dyno ran 245WHP plus estimated 15% drivetrain lose equals 280ish HP. 300WHP would have been a good number for the car stock, it’s too bad. Recommended premium gas only, and on the 65L tank I get about 500-550KM with my driving, on a loooooong highway cruise I can get 650-700KM
The 06 Z’s have oil consumption issues in the manual models (i’m manual), Nissan has a TSB and will replace the motor on the warranty ones if you quality (it’s like pulling teeth) but even the V2 motor ends up burning oil with some guys. Some people and Nissan believe it is the rings, but if that was the case more Automatics would be burning oil, no?. Others believe it is an increase in pressure while down-shifting together with insufficient sized oil drain holes in the passenger side valve cover causing the oil to gum up and be sucked in the motor through the PCV valve (I believe this as well). I have a spare PCV valve and at every oil change I swap it out, then leave the dirty one sitting in diluted cleaner until the next oil change. I’m at 135,000KM and to this day I only burn 500-800ml of oil depending on how I drive every 10,000KM which is considered acceptable (probably helps that I only synthetic too).
The 03-05’s have less top end HP but higher torque, along with variable valve timing on the intake side only. The 06’s have higher peak HP but lower torque than the earlier models. To get the car to do 300WHP requires full exhaust, intake mods (including plenum), cams, and a tune. Without cams you’re lucky to hit 295WHP and that’s on a good day with humidity and temperature just right. This is where the 07+ 350Z’s come in. Partly because of the oil consumption issues Nissan upgraded the motor to a dual intake 3.5L HR motor on the 07+ models. The claimed HP/TQ numbers stayed the same as the 06 models but dyno results show that the motor is more responsive and makes more power than the earlier models. 07+ models also don’t need cams changed out now to his 300WHP, intake, full exhaust with a good tune is getting 300WHP+. Oh yah, and the exhaust note this thing makes if fucking pure sexy, I have hi-flow CATS with a GReddy EVO2 and idling/cruising it is barely louder than stock, I can have a normal volume conversation while driving (unlike the S13) and the note only gets loud at WOT but everyone loves it’s sound.

My comment on the trunk…The trunk in a Z is small, but remove your trunk panels, your spare, and place down a blanket and you have enough room for a full cooler, bags, 3 lawn chairs, food bags and a bit to spare. Plenty of room for 2 people. The hatch also makes loading things in a freakin breeze

Over all I love my Z but do wish I had picked up an 07+ because of the power and oil consumption fears.
I get many compliments in the summer about how nice the car is with fat tires, and how amazing the exhaust sounds. I have thought of getting a bigger car instead because of those days when I am with more than one person or need to pick up something big, but the attention and feeling you get driving around in a “sports” car from everyone else driving their crap cars is a great ego boost. I do miss the go-kart fun of my S13 and would love to have an S13 again as a project car, but also would love to pick up a bigger car in the future and turn the Z into a project car. I just can’t get rid of it personally, i know how sad I would be without my “sports” car that I have worked one and bled on, getting rid of the S13 was really hard but replacing it with something NEW in the same family and “sporty” made it easier, plus the depreciation in value tells me to just keep it until it dies regardless.

Let me know if you have any questions and sorry for rambling on

Lith on here had an s14, sold it and got a 350Z

yes he did it was Bogs car , suck a beautiful looking zenki with full jdm kit,

350 all day exhaust note, more power, ride quality, pussy magnet…

do people unironically use cars to get women?

my gf is pretty hot and i started dating her while driving a multi coloured s13

maybe shes color blind and what about safety I’m guessing 350 got better rating

This…Quoted for truth…