Whining noise on Evo 9, opinions/ suggestions wanted

Shops depend on their reputation that’s why they go too such lengths. I’m not familiar with x-cases but is there a gasket on the drain plug that has to get replaced similar to a oil change? If so when they drain it there should be the one they put on, thus proving you didn’t tamper with it. Just a thought.

^ no there is not.

Lol forget my idea.

haha yea I know what you mean. Hes a really good guy, just so hard to get a hold of. He actually reimbursed me for round trip shipping on my T-case because of a shipping error that tired me up for another week.

chris and i have come to conclusion that you should just sue them… /end thread. lol

Yeah John at TRE is a good guy. He will talk your ear off if your not careful, but stands by his work 100%.

Too bad the 2G DSM and Evo transfer cases weren’t interchangeable. I have two good spares in my basement you could bolt up and try if they were.

Transfercase would always make the noise gear-independent. It would also get louder as you go in mph, not rpm dependent. Is that sound accurate to your symptoms, or no?

hahahahaha

He sure does, half the time I have no idea what hes talking about but hes already stated that he’ll take care of me.

Very accurate. Only time you hear the sound is when the clutch is engaged and the car is in neutral coasting down from 40 to 5 mph or 30+ mph on acceleration only, not deceleration.

Had a second opinion yesterday by a transmission shop owner and he seems to think its more tranny related but doesn’t throw out the idea of the transfer case. We’re going to get it on the lift today and get a better look at whats going on.

Good luck with everything and I hope it turns out well for you.

-Em

Update:

Had Mitsubishi drain the T-case fluid in front of me. No metal shavings and T-case was filled to capacity with enough fluid. I didnt check the exact measurement but it was completely full (Maybe over a quart). Had them refill the t-case and he also checked the tranny fluid which was also filled. I had DiaQueen with me (LSD) but their chart of fluids from Mitsubishi HQ says to use diamond A/T spIII. I think its 85w. Not really sure if this would make a difference, I’ve always used the DiaQueen LSD.

So I guess its time to contact Jon at TRE.

Don’t forget to tell him they were not using DiaQueen.

If you don’t use the Diaqueen LSD you will wipe the gears out…

oops

Diaqueen LSD for sure.

The Tcase capacity is .58 of a quart.

Yea I’ve got a meeting with the GM, service manage (who is a complete moron) and the worlds greatest Evo tech at Transitowne tomorrow. I like how they’re beating around the bush with what fluid they used now. Also the fluid looks dark as fuck. The service manger at Mitsu claims its DiaQueen but 75-85w. I told him DiaQueen is 90w and its listed right on the canister I showed the tech. They also put in GL-3 for tranny fluid which is not what Jon at TRE or myself told them to do but can you blame them??? They have the best Evo Tech on earth!!! I think what happend was the manager that Jon and I talked to about what fluids to put in was fired or let go the week of the tranny and T-case install and dip shit from Dodge stepped in.

Also its strange that none of the fluids for the install showed up on my receipt

so what would happen in a situation like this if it is indeed the dealers fault?

I’ll be really surprised if Mitsu actually takes responsibility for it.

wow goodluck, i have a feeling its going to take you forever to get anywhere on this matter

geez jarrod i just read through all of this, holy shit. good luck with it :frowning: