White van guys

So woh all has met up with the white van guys? Or know about them?

Reason is a guy at work, got worked yesterday by two of the white van guys. He bought some surround sound speakers, and two towers. Net prices equal about $250.00 or so for all of it, he paid then the low drop down price of $320.00 with reciept. This was much lower than their asking price of $900.00. They even had sale ads showing how much these things sell for…:bash:

I’v seen those guys a couple times the first being about 4 years ago

they had the speakers “left over from a job” I didnt want anything to do with it
I didnt think too much of it…

Until about a year ago my dad came home home with a set. That poor sucker… I told him how I’ve seen these guys before and all my friends know of this scam too.

anyways the speakers sound like shit. DO NOT BUY THEM and make fun of my dad if you every meet him

btw my dad paid $200 I could post a pic of the speakers I bet they are the same… I took them apart and they consist of aprox $35 of ebay junk.

I have heard of this on and off for about the last 15 years.

And as my grandpap always said, “If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS”…

lol my g/fs brother got owned buy that same deal…

the guy is in finlyville all the time…He asked me as i was pulling out of giant eagle he yelled “hey you want to buy some speakers” i said Hell yea and drove away…

Man what people will do to rip someone off…

oh yeah they have a website too, with the msrp at like $1,200 the last time i looked,with no way to order them. I guess that way when you go home and check out what they go for you don’t feel like an idiot…

twice… the first time i almost shot them. they came to both sides of my car and ask me what i got for christmas . when i showed them my gun the ask me if i had a home stereo and gave me the story of their boss just got a huge shipment and would sell them to me half off .2nd time years later they followed my truck to the garage and ask me for directions to mt pleasant and i was only 3 miles away then put the speaker wrap about they had left over equiptment for 1/4 the price of new. my boss seen them getting in their van and me watching and thought i was a drug dealer. i got a drug test and everytime he went past the bar looked to see if i was there and how long.

saw them at a gas station when i was 14… they tried to talk me into speakers…

:rofl: they advertise in the paper all the time !!! " MAKE $1,000 A WEEK, MAKE $200 A DAY"
infact i have a thread about them on here year or two ago.

Most boros have permits about soliticing, AND THEY DONT HAVE PERMITS !

buyer beware :boink

call the cops and remove the garbage from the town asap.

Yep everyone checks the web to see if they got a good deal.

everyone knows your a drunk. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

wow, you guys got off easy, the guy in the white van when i was little didn’t try to sell me anything, he told me he was giving away free candy:stick:

Well that explains alot right there about you…

Are they still “polypropylene” speakers? (That’s a fancy name for cheap plastic.)

They used to be delivering, but someone loaded an extra set on the van and…

The approached me at a BK…came up all quick style and blocked my Jeep into the stall and they started getting out. I popped the door, hand on glock, and asked what the hell they were doing. They said something about selling speakers, and I said “got a permit?”.

They left quickly.

i got stopped 3 times in the last 2 years.

i gotta think of something “creative” to say next time i see them, and its guaranteed i’ll see them again, they’re everywhere.

they like my parking lot…

i was cleaning the Front Window, and the infamous “White Van” pulls in behind me, thinking i have a customer i politely turn around, say hello, and hear, “Hey man, you looking for some sounds?” i didn’t say much but i turned back around and pointed at the sign on the Building, “First Bass, Automotive Accessories, Car stereo…etc…” and said “No thanks Im sure what I sell is better than what you have” well they told me not to get ignorant with them, i laughed and continued washing the window.

polypropylene and titanium coated drivers.:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Approached me in Home Depot parking lot. “Hey man we have a couple home theatre speakers for sale. Worth $1,200 but we can sell 'em to you for only $200.”

Seems that if you tell them you already have a home theatre system they will go away.

Fucking annoying though…

Damn those guys are everywhere. I’ve ran into them anywhere I’ve lived, Pittsburgh area, State College, Lancaster. Never really thught about how many of them there must be out there hustling that crap.

Same here, once in State College when I was a student and once at a BP in Penn Hills. The first time I was with a buddy, he was sort of interested but we couldn’t scrape together $20 between the two of us, much less $200. Gotta love being a broke college student!

2nd time I just told them I wasn’t interested so they went to the guy at the next pump. I think he bought them :owned:

Yea I was reading on the net they all over the country, not just here.

I remember years ago it was car audio. They were a great source back then if you wanted a carpeted box. They sold them for like $20 when the shops wanted upwards of $70. Never bought any speakers though…:blue: