Who can read factory BMW error codes?

Other than the dealer preferably?

would it be different than a regular obd2 port? i think autozone or advance will do those for you.

Yeah, it’s different. The standard emissions failures can be read through the OBD2 port. The BMW specific error codes are read through the same port, but require a special reader/software. You know, so you have to spend more.

you should pick up a scanner, if you plan on keeping that car any length of time. No offense, but you’ll end up needing it from time to time…

If you don’t already know the sites (you should, they are great for almost anything bimmer) look at pelicanparts.com and bavauto.com

I’ve used both for scoring cheap oem parts (pelican parts especially)…

can Sailor read those codes, he’s pretty well versed in them krautmobiles.

I think I am going to order a code scanner, but it won’t get here right away, so if anyone can help, let me know.

I briefly googled bmw code readers and found some forums where people were talking about a computer program that could be downloaded for free, but I didn’t recognize the name and I didn’t see any links, but I didn’t look that hard. If you find software that you can download I have an obd2 to usb cable that could be used to interface. LMK what you find.

i can do it, but i would be using shop tools which means it would be on shop time because i cant exactly take home a $5000 scan tool.

Ah, yes, where is the shop?

1200 stoops ferry road
coraopolis 15108

there is a shit ton of porsche 911 turbos and 944 turbos, a few bmws, and a slue of other high end shit sitting in the parking lot. just look for the cars, since there is a few body shops/garages on the road–but all the german sitting in one spot kinda sits out. white vw golf itb race car sits at the end of the lot near the road.

I have this:
http://www.peakeresearch.com/fcx3.htm
I don’t have the adaptor for 01-07 cars though. I also have the SRS tool.

I think that’s the same one I just ordered, mine is a 98 though, so I didn’t get the later model package either.

You live in Eighty-Four?

Yeah, are you nearby? If you ever need the SRS tool let me know.

Well I’m in Murrysville. I’ll be in Greensburg tonight.

I love the electrical system in my bmw…my brake light/abs/traction control lights all come and go whenever they want. not to mention my brakelight that burns out then magically fixes itself a week later.

OHH, and not to mention on my way to florida my radio decides to turn off and wont turn back on (yes fuses are good)

Any one else have these problems???

I work at foreign traffic in allison park, we have an autologic touchscreen scanner. It will give manufacturer specific codes.