Who else is sick?

so what do they give for walking pneumonia, like i said i am a big babby when it comes to doctors, self medicating is the only way…

flu /= std

agreed…did they give you antibiotic? or just over the counter meds?

i dont have insurance so im tryin to avoid a drs visit unless i have to go…

if your taking OTC what are you taking?

The nurse just told me to take theraflu but that stuff makes me sick.

They give you AVALOX or a generic AMOX/CLAV, avelox is 113 bucks with insurance and other is 41 with insurance. It pretty much covers bacteria infections as well as pnuemonia,staph and sinusitis. Itis funny how so many people i know and here have Walking Pneumonia, it supposedly isn’t supposed to be as contagious as the FLU. Thoseo f you who think you have the flu do yourself a favor and go to the docs, i made the mistake of not going till it was too late and got WP.

well i broke down and made an appt to see the doc @ 10:30 today, i have not been to a dr. other than for a work physical and that car wreck scince i was 18 and i got the chicken pox

Ironic, I work at a hospital yet I haven’t caught “the plague” yet.

Ya better knock on wood woman!

well, i felt pretty decent yesterday afternoon. made it to the shop and worked until 7. fever is gone. slept pretty good last night. this morning the crap in my chest decided to start to break up. so now my body hurts from trying to cough this shit out.
still crossing fingers that its just a mild case of whatever.

travis: man up. its not like everytime you go to the doctors they grab your balls and tell you to cough…
be a big boy and i’m sure you’ll get a lollipop when you leave. :stick:

Indeed, I can’t call off work…Like ever again :eek4:

they can grab my balls all they want, its the fact that they always try to stick me or take blood, plus why pay for them to tell me i am ok, that would be like you calling me over to tell you your phone works.

I agree. I just picked up a box of mucinex. Ill see how this works…if im not any better by sat/sun then ill go to the dr.

I tried taking nyquil to knock my ass out last night…didnt work. This shit does not want me to get better. I had a fever of 101.4 last night…yuck! Still have the chills…its been too long for that to be the flu. You think?

yer an idiot:bowrofl: So you have atemp of 100+ and you think mucinex is going to cure you? Your not the sharpest tool in the shed:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

im hoping it just gets me thru work bc I cant call off. so far its helping…so not too much of an idiot.

yeah…so far no fever it may not cure me but its gonna help til i get to the dr.

well never thought i would be the one to say it , go to the doctor, if it is the same thing as everybody else its bacterial and you need amoxicil etc… i dont know where you live but i went to chestnut ridge primary care in Derry… and they had a sign that if you dont have insurance they will give you the pills you need for 10 bucks

talked to my mom…ammox should be covered under giant eagles $4 script plan.

so far still no fever…so i guess the otc stuff is working to fight it :bigthumb:

Amox is for sinus and mucus only, bacteria is fought with amox/clav or avalox only, i would call your doc back and ask him about that, believe when i tell you this…

I might have had this a few weeks before everyone else.

Mine was gone in like 5 days but it was a rough 7 days total. I was functional to some degree, but I was definitely not on my A-game.

I used Tylenol to break the fever, Mucinex to clear out the crap that causes the walking pneumonia if it sits, and Robitussin to make me not cough as much at night, and a morning Neti-Pot dump for clearing the sinuses.

thats about what im doing aswell. im not really coughing though. every now and then but not much at all.

i just wish i could sleep. ive been trying nyquil, but its not doing anything to me. i bought tylenol pm today, hopefully that will work.

no fever today. legs were still sore though. cough persisted all day though. the good thing is when i cough, crap usually stuff came up. its not one of those nasty cough but nothing gets broken up.
my cocktail so far has been tylanol, musinex stuff, and now robotussin for the cough. although its good to know theres cheap stuff available at giant eagle.
like someone else said, i’m functional, but not a-game.

and trav, needles and taking blood is not that bad. then again, with all of my allergy shots years ago, and being servere accident prone, i guess i’m used to it.

[QUOTE=

and trav, needles and taking blood is not that bad. then again, with all of my allergy shots years ago, and being servere accident prone, i guess i’m used to it.[/QUOTE]

the wife laughs at me all the time because i have tattoos but when it comes to getting a shot or some blood work i wimper