Who has a Coil-on-pack for a Mustang I can use?

well my mustang is misfiring out of cylinder 6 and i dont know what is wrong with it…this is what i have done:
i have changed the spark plugs and im getting spark when the coil pack hits the side of the wall. but it will not spark as soon as its on the spark plug.

is it the coil pack? or coil on plug

2000 Mustang gt
4.6l 2valve

pull the boot out. Twist some paper towels into a rod. Drop ot down into the plug hole while turning. Pull out and see if its wet.

i switched cylinder #5 and 6# plugs and then the dead one still didnt fire. i will clean out the spark plug hole tonight and see whats going on

you mean you switched the coils or plugs?

i hope you switched the cops and not the plugs lol…cuz then your firing order will be off.

this may sound stupid, but are you certain you know its #6 and where #6 is? Should be driver side, 2nd one from the front of the car.

I have a cop that i know works sitting in my garage…its yours if you want it. i just gotta dig it out.

i took the coil plug off the harness and switch the big black coil with the rubber boot arond. lol yo joe let me know i need to borrow it asap its killing me…the car drives like shit… i will be around your place like 7pm

no i didnt switch the plug just the cops

if you have a multimeter… check the primary coil impedance and compare it to a known good coil… then do the same for the secondary

edit:
if you switched the coils and its still not firing then change the plug as well.

If that doesnt work then you have a wiring problem. Check for pinched wires or any places they may have rubbed through.

this is what i noticed…the dead coil pack will ONLY spark when the coil springs inside the rubber boot touches the metal spark plug wall…while the good coil packs will arc a spark right outside the rubber boot without even the coil springs being exposed. so it seems like im getting a weak spark from that coil pack.

it was indeed the coil pack…juicedgt a fellow mustang owner provided me with a cops and it runs excellent thanks joe!!!

np dave! Glad it worked out for ya. :slight_smile: