who has some boxes?collision shops...ups/fed ex/dhl/shipping company people inside

hey guys need some help with shipping some of my last vette parts and yes there the biggest…i need to ship my bumper(which i think i have a box lined up for this but if you have one it would be accepted) the real pain in the ass is the hood. I know im goin to have to cut up card board and use bubble wrap and foam and wrap the hood myself unless one of you guys has a hood box from a collision shop ect…heres the dimensions of the bumper box

bumper:
73"+ on the length
25"+ on the width (i think i can get away with 2 feet)
25"+ on the height (i think i can get away with 2 feet)

hood:
61"+ on the length
61"+ on the width
12"+ on the height

any help is would be great…let me know what you guys have

just ship em without boxes and put the labels on the parts. fuck em. /sarcasm

maybe hahahaha

c’mon anybody work at these places…

i work at the UPS Store on sheridan and sweethome. if you can stop in with all of the parts tomorrow right at or right around 5 i will be there and my manager will be and im sure we can work something out for you. i’ll jsut say you’re a friend of mine (even though i’ve never met you lol) and i’m sure we can take care of you.

Talk to K Cuv - there are boxes for huge desks and shit at his dad’s work that they just compact and throw out. You could just go there and grab some :tup:

ok so i lied. some1 called this morning to switch shifts and i ended up working this morning so i WILL NOT be there tonight.

the best way to fudge dimensions on shipping is to make sure you distort the boxes on the ends so the edges actualy are smaller

ive gotten “oversize 1” parts in on regular size, and ive gotten oversize 2 items into the oversize one bracket before, which can REALY save on shipping

Another great shipping option is Greyhound. I’ve shipped a bumper cover from a SHO to somewhere in Indiana for $40. All I did was wrap it in bubble tape. In the few experiences I’ve had with shipping through them I’ve been very pleased.

just wrap in bubble wrap and shrink wrap

hmmm…ok…i might have this taken care of…ill let you guys know

i can get you a hood box.

let me know :tup:

if you’re gonna ship UPS and do that, be prebared to pay $45 for a non-boxed charge. its stupid, but because its not in a box they charge you because they can’t ‘stack it’

the best way to ship bulk parts like that is to use a bulk carrier like Watkins, Road way, etc… You’ll have to skid the parts but its better than putting them in boxes imo .